I'm having trouble keeping it up....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickymint

Established Member
Reaction score
Before I attempt my next log conversion, it occurred to me that rather than suffer in (excusing the odd swear word) silence, to ask you for your suggestions as to how to keep it up. The log of course!

So far my best results have come from sitting a log on a parallel set of runners fixed together at either end, combined with (2X) as large a piece of ply as possible (between the runners) which acts as a square whilst in contact with the table. These pieces of ply are screwed to the end faces of the log. The whole (Heath Robinson) contraption slides over the table as the cut advances.

This works ok but when the end ply pieces leave the table inevitably the log wanders away from square.

My BS 300 is limited to about 190mm depth of cut so I can't go too heavy on the runners.

Does any one have a sledge (?) / support design that I could use in my quest for reasonably square boards?

Cheers,

Dicky Mint

Thanks Alf,

Just the ticket, so many answers to performance issues I haven't yet realised I've been suffering :shock: . Blade drift :shock: .....been there, fought against it...lost the battle :roll: ...

Many thanks,

Dicky Mint

Neil
What are you doing, Man! :lol:
Did She set you up for this or do you do this for fun? :lol:
CheekyPhilly :D

OK Alf

How can you possibly put this on your web site?

"Not a tool collector; just a user with a wide range of tools from which to choose... " :^o

Cheers
Neil

ummmm.... Neil...

yer feather duster's showin bud...

Ahem...

I won't tell.... honest... :roll:

Newbie_Neil":r2x0bkt7 said:
OK Alf

How can you possibly put this on your web site?

"Not a tool collector; just a user with a wide range of tools from which to choose... " :^o
'Cos it's true? :whistle: How can it be a collection? It's all worth zip, I never dust any of it, and I use them. QED. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Tony said:
Dicky

this might be of interest to you - still working great!

Tony thanks for the link, what a great modification, COOL 8)

Please feel free to come down to Dorset and mod' my band saw, I'll put the kettle on, stand over your shoulder, draw breath sharply in through pursed lips, then check the small print in the warranty booklet to see if the warranty still is ok on the paint finish. :D

Many thanks,

Dicky.

Back