I'm Gone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
After unreasonable moderator action without the even the courtesy of a PM, this is my last post here and the end of my help to members via this forum.

I'm quite easy to find around in other places and will offer help via other routes.

Bye

Bob

[email protected]

...and if the mods don't pull their collective fingers out and get round to some concerted action over a certain individual, I won't be very far behind you Bob. Many thanks for your extremely valuable inputs =D> and I'll catch up with you at the other place :wink: and on the 9th Nov - Rob

Blimey :shock: Don't go, Bob - the forum needs good people like you. Hope you can resolve whatever dispute you have with the mods.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Sorry to hear that Bob. I hadn't read your missing post, but I guess it was the same as the one posted on TWH and WWUK. If so, I think it's pretty petty to delete it.

Mods deleting posts without explanation is something i've raised as an issue before, but they don't seem to think it's a problem. :roll:

Cheers

Karl

If it is the one about the display stand that's on TWH

The MODS have been very heavy handed I think.

Bob

Your input on here is very important to alot of people.

I hope you can sort this out without leaving.

Tom

Can I at least try and take some heat out of this thread. All moderators can not be on line 24-7 and it takes time to co-ordinate actions.

If a certain post is seen by the moderator on line at the time to break Global Forum Rules, especially section 8.
(8.) Advertising:-
Advertising in threads & private messages is strictly prohibited unless permission is given beforehand by the moderating team.

If you wish to advertise on UKW we offer banner space for companies to advertise their products and services. Please contact a moderator for more information.

( 8.1 ) Any advertisements or promotional materials of a commercial nature are prohibited.
These forums are not the place for you to advertise your own product or company. You also cannot post any affiliate or referral links.
Linking to your or other woodworking websites is allowed as long as it will benefit or prove useful to other members. Linking to a post on another group or forum is also fine.

He has only one action available.

Further more Rules notes do have the following:
Any individual who feels aggrieved by the actions of a moderator should pursue the matter privately with that moderator. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private massaging.

Likewise, discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum.

If you have questions regarding an issue on UKW, please contact a moderator.

Making posts in the heat of the moment before mods have had time to check out circumstances, amend a post to take out those portions that break the rules etc. and re-instate threads that are being worked on does nobody any favors.

Bob

Please reconsider [-o<

We want and need members like yourself with a wealth of knowledge gained over year

You are always willing to help others and are a benefit to this forum =D>

Allen

Karl":3ucyh3r3 said:
Sorry to hear that Bob. I hadn't read your missing post, but I guess it was the same as the one posted on TWH and WWUK. If so, I think it's pretty petty to delete it.

Mods deleting posts without explanation is something i've raised as an issue before, but they don't seem to think it's a problem. :roll:

Cheers

Karl

Yes Karl, you have raised the point in the past and I took time to address your post and explain matters, don't know if you read it or not as you did not respond to it.

Further to Chas's post.

As for Bob (9fingers) he started a thread at 9.30 or so last night which the moderating team felt promoted a company and a product. The post was removed at 1.04 this morning. As can be seen Bob made his post above at 11.56 and as has been said so many times there will be little if any notification from the mod team over deleted posts. As we've continually said if somebody has a problem with a moderating decision simply contact a mod. Furthermore the removed post was being discussed on the Moderating board.

Finally onto Rob (Woodbloke). In a nut shell, he and Jacob are not best buddys. As he has mentioned on open forum in the past he has said if Jacob isn't banned he will move on.

Everybody's contributions here are valued but there must be a framework to ensure that most, if not all, aspects run smoothly. In reality it's very difficult at times and not all decisions or actions will please everybody.
As for Bob and Rob, assuming you read this, I'd rather you did not leave but I won't and can't force you to stay.

CHJ":2b1cqkb3 said:
Further more Rules notes do have the following:
Any individual who feels aggrieved by the actions of a moderator should pursue the matter privately with that moderator. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private massaging.

Likewise, discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum.

If you have questions regarding an issue on UKW, please contact a moderator.

Making posts in the heat of the moment before mods have had time to check out circumstances, amend a post to take out those portions that break the rules etc. and re-instate threads that are being worked on does nobody any favors.

I know nothing of the matter but as a forum owner understand moding, rules and how to enforce.

If bob wasn't informed his post had been removed, how can he take up the issue with the mod in private. If he don't get an explanation from the mod then he will be unaware of which mod to take up the issues with.

I like Bob and he gives a great deal of help to other on here on a subject that could cost to the member a great deal to hire an expert like Bob to do. If his section 8 breach was a small advertisement to a service he offers within someone else's thread then why shouldn't a valued long serving member like Bob get something back for his efforts (as it brakes the rules just a friendly warning is all a member like Bob should get). I have no interest in the other woodworking forums but I would use them to follow Bob as his knowledge in the motor area is far greater than mine and I wish his input on a project regarding a DOL and remote start.

As a forum owner, I wouldn't dream of removing a regulars post without an explanation. Even if I was to put the thread back on in a few hours I would PM the member and explain.

No reflection on you CHJ. You have removed one of my threads before and explained in a PM and put it back on when you said you would.

By the way, in a thread regarding setting up a website im indirectly in breach of section 8.

Noel":25zmaky2 said:
Finally onto Rob (Woodbloke). In a nut shell, he and Jacob are not best buddys. As he has mentioned on open forum in the past he has said if Jacob isn't banned he will move on.
...and I'm very happy to acknowlege that there are some things that I agree with Jacob about and have said so on the forum(s) more than once, but on some issues there is simply a clash where he refuses to acknowledge ](*,) ](*,) mine (and sometimes others, views) and it's this that causes the antagonism. If he were to say for example, that 'a' is equally as valid as 'b', gets the same, or similar result and that we all do things differently that would be fine...but it don't seem to happen :( - Rob

Hudson Carpentry":16gva1qr said:
By the way, in a thread regarding setting up a website im indirectly in breach of section 8.

There is at least one other current thread that is in breach as well.

I agree that there has to be some control to stop the site being taken over completely with spam, but in the case of Bob and other long standing members how have fallen foul of this rule, a friendly reminder would have been better.

Tom

tomatwark":1g00ddom said:
Hudson Carpentry":1g00ddom said:

I agree that there has to be some control to stop the site being taken over completely with spam, but in the case of Bob and other long standing members how have fallen foul of this rule, a friendly reminder would have been better.

Tom

Or a friendly enquiry to the nearest mod as mentioned?

Noel":2h3qnihm said:
Karl":2h3qnihm said:

Cheers

Karl

Yes Karl, you have raised the point in the past and I took time to address your post and explain matters, don't know if you read it or not as you did not respond to it.

I didn't see the need to respond - it was quite self explanatory.

One regularly sees "Mod Edit" on items posted in the For Sale section from Newbies, yet don't see the need for a common courtesy approach of letting established members know why their posts have been deleted.

In Bobs case, all it would have taken is a 20second PM along the lines of "your post might be in contravention of forum rules - we're discussing it but for the time being i've removed it". I'm sure that would have saved any bad feeling on Bobs part.

Much as HC says in his post above.

woodbloke":363oimvv said:
Noel":363oimvv said:
...and I'm very happy to acknowlege that there are some things that I agree with Jacob about and have said so on the forum(s) more than once, but on some issues there is simply a clash where he refuses to acknowledge ](*,) ](*,) mine (and sometimes others, views) and it's this that causes the antagonism. If he were to say for example, that 'a' is equally as valid as 'b', gets the same, or similar result and that we all do things differently that would be fine...but it don't seem to happen :( - Rob

I actually hadn't noticed that Rob. But good to know.

Noel":1060hp92 said:
tomatwark":1060hp92 said:
Hudson Carpentry":1060hp92 said:

Tom

Or a friendly enquiry to the nearest mod as mentioned?

As some of us do. However sometimes (ill use my indirectly advertising post as an example) We forget rules or don't even know of the rules and just post something unaware. It wasn't until I read this thread did I see my informative example of what I charge as an advertisement and breach of rules. In which cases, asking a mod wouldn't enter our heads as we don't realise it would break the rules.

I haven't seen the thread but I suggest that Bob may have thought the "advert" was of benefit to members. He like most of us may have not read the rules therefor unaware its a breach. He may have done it as a favor to another. Long serving members are unlikely to "spam".

May I suggest that when a thread is removed (ill assume it goes to an archive hidden, rather then deleted) that an addon is made to the move thread screen. A drop menu that has titles of pre written messages that if selected sends the OP that default message via PM. Takes half a second longer for the mods to select the correct message and the members will feel far better from it.

I would like to take this opportunity and appeal to Bob to change his mind. His contribution to this forum has been immense and the money and time he has saved members must also have been immense.
All those in favour, say AYE!

Roy.

Digit":3hy0btpd said:
I would like to take this opportunity and appeal to Bob to change his mind. His contribution to this forum has been immense and the money and time he has saved members must also have been immense.
All those in favour, say AYE!

Roy.

Already asked him to reconsider [-o<

Back