I'm Gone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I feel that editing should have been the first response not the follow up in this case. If Bob was some 10 post unknown fair enough remove the post and wait to see what happens but we talking about a post from a really valued member who, no doubt unintentionally, slightly broke the rules. I would hate to see the situation arise where long standing members can just do whatever they like because of their reputation but at the same time giving someone like Bob the chance to edit the post before pulling it wouldn't have hurt.

Up until now I have kept out of this

But my 2p worth coming up

UK Workshop is a Forum

As A forum , It has Rules

As a forum it has moderators

We do not pay a membership fee to sign up

The mods do not get paid but GIVE up lots of time to oversee what goes on

If a mod thinks a post is in breach of the rules it gets pulled while all the mods decide if it going to be pulled permanently or reinstated with alterations

I had one of my posts pulled ?( cant remember what one it was :roll: ) though it strange ? later on it was put back up , was I upset , NO

If it had stayed pulled it will be for a reason , Breach of forum rules

I suggest people read the rules before posting that way no breaches should occur and that will make the mods jobs easier

If you want to post things that are in breach of the forum rules , maybe use another forum

I have enjoyed my time on UKW and find it very informative , I look forward to reading all the latest posts , don't personally comment on anything other than turning as I don't consider myself an authority on general wood work

SO Please [-o< can we let the mods moderate ,not the members , that's what they are here for

Blister":2vxaub3m said:

UK Workshop is a Forum

If a mod thinks a post is in breach of the rules it gets pulled while all the mods decide if it going to be pulled permanently or reinstated with alterations

I had one of my posts pulled ?( cant remember what one it was :roll: ) though it strange ? later on it was put back up , was I upset , NO

I suggest people read the rules before posting that way no breaches should occur and that will make the mods jobs easier

If you want to post things that are in breach of the forum rules , maybe use another forum

I have enjoyed my time on UKW and find it very informative , I look forward to reading all the latest posts , don't personally comment on anything other than turning as I don't consider myself an authority on general wood work

SO Please [-o< can we let the mods moderate ,not the members , that's what they are here for

A view from afar--Well said Sir. Commom sense is not so common anymore.

Blister":2ojlsz5q said:

UK Workshop is a Forum

=D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D>

If you look back at Bob's original post he states ... without the even the courtesy of a PM ... and it is this that clearly upsets him.

Misterfish

barkwindjammer":b1urhzl2 said:
Mike.C":b1urhzl2 said:
barkwindjammer":b1urhzl2 said:
What would the non-gobble-de-gook-version of that be ?

Why oh why oh why

Cheers

Mike

Well, I'm a member, and entitled to my opinion for what its worth, or do you see it differently Mike, please explain.

Hi BWJ, of course you are entitled to your opinion, and no I do not see it differently. Reading my post again I can see why you may think that, but in reality I was tounge in cheek while thinking is'nt it bad enough already without adding some gobble-de-gook to the pot :roll:

Cheers

Mike

AS a newby on here, may I just say that I have been on many forums
over the years and in most cases the mods do a wonderful job.
There are exceptions, I have been on sites where things get very personal
and is done with malice in mind. Good moderation keeps this at bay.
Three cheers for the moderators of this forum.
Willy.

Back