If you think interlocking rings are hard!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, how terribly French.

I think this one is a case of appreciating how incredibly clever the man was but not finding his work very attractive. Aesthetically for me, very few of his things work. His 'ordinary' turnings are obviously beautifully done but still seem to lack that 'must have' thing too!

The 'mantlepiece' test applies. However, it is clear that many people disagree with me. Sounds familiar :D

Paul Hannaby":1x8onmy5 said:

I hope it's all right if I make these for my entry ,I would be interlocking them of course . 8)
My main problem will be the colouring as I dont have any paint or stuff like that . :oops:
Just hope I dont Balls it up. :lol: :roll:

the man is (was) obviously a genius and a visionary. I have enough trouble picturing in my mind the finished shape of a simple object like a goblet, let alone working out not only how to create these but also shaping the tools to be able to fit into and shape without interference :shock:
Thanks for the link :)

duncanh":2t4xa2wf said:
If you think the 2 interlocked spheres are impressive then check out these

There's an interview with Claude Lethiecq (the turner) including some mroe of his work and some explanations at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1rs-DKdAs

(sorry for the image size, I couldn't find a smaller version)

I have to repeat my point here about the mantlepiece test. There is nothing here that I would want own. Brilliant - yup, astonishing - certainly but attractive, beautiful?? Not to these eyes.

(Image resized in 10 secs on one of my six Macs - thats for Blister's entertainment)

Attachments

• 3705.lethiecq.jpg
    3705.lethiecq.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,839

Latest posts

Back