If we get the Olympics we're introducing new sports

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Seeing the post about the Olympics, I heard that if we get the 2012 Olympics there are some new sports we're going to add, could this be one of them.

extreme.jpg

Regards....Mike

Newbie_Neil":2rnmgo08 said:
Hi Mike

Now if it was a 'rat.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Don't mention bl**dy rats! I put some rat poison down in my worshop the other day, more as a precaution than anything else. I checked on it a week later and the lot had gone!!!

I have put a pile down this time, but the strange thing is there is absolutely no sign of rats or mice anywhere in the shop. I even moved all the stacks of logs and timber to check underneath, but nothing.

I think I must have ghost rats!!!! :shock:

Hi Gary

Sorry to hear about your rats, but the one I alluded to had an apostrophe in front. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

PS Please move over Gill, I've brought the chocolate biscuits.

As I understand it rat poison doesn't take effect immediately. They eat the stuff and then scurry off to their lair (maybe in the sewer pipes), and then die an unpleasant death.

Like 'em or not, rats are one of those species that have managed to continue to exist regardless of what has confronted them. And that in anyones book is a success story, surely?

Andrew

Yes - I do feel very guilty about subjecting the poor things to a painful death for only doing what comes naturally to them, but I can't have rats in my workshop. What if they start munching on my stock of exotic timber turning blanks? :shock:

It was bad enough having to pay for that lot once - I certainly don't want to have to replace it!!! :evil:

In about three months when you don't know where that awful smell is coming from, you'll suddenly remember! We had rat(s) in our house and they curled up to die around the CH pipes somewhere under the floors. It took nearly a year for the smell to finally go away.

The damage that they do outweighed any qualms I might have had.

Back