If things are a bit peaceful for you this morning try this.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the video, is it me or does the part of the block to the right of centre appear to fall over the fencing surrounding the site? And if my house had of been one of the ones opposite I think I would have been a bit worried.

It didn't seem the neatest, they normally fall down on themselves not fly out and collapse in half!

Chems":2fvx6pki said:
It didn't seem the neatest, they normally fall down on themselves not fly out and collapse in half!

Well that way it was easier for the site clearance men to clean up the site, a bulldozer would scrape it up. :wink:

Yeh I would agree the rear portion of the building folded outwards not inwards like the front section.

Bit of an Oooops moment.

gareth

I'm not so sure that they didn't plan it that way. Clearly they had previously removed much of the outer walls half way up where the black plastic is. If both walls had collapsed in the same direction then wouldn't all the rubble be 'fighting' for the same space? By letting the lh wall come out, the left central go in and the right central come out then that would give each wall somewhere to go. .....I think..I'm not a demolition expert. I do agree though that that right wall does come over the fence.

I thought the black plastic was because that was the floor where they'd packed the explosives and were trying to minimize the flying stuff, it looks like just the ground floor and that floor exploded.

The bigger square house on the right side, the building looked like it didn't clear that by much at all, surely that couldn't have been planned?

We know accidents happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzdNpn_OpZo

:)

Latest posts

Back