If there's a more reckless use of a table saw than this...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't see anything wrong with it, he was using a push stick which mitigates all accidents! :lol:

Trust me when I say you see FAR worse on building sites.

Really? Worse than that? Wow!

No fence
No mitre guage
No crosscut sled
Blade at max height
No riving knife

How does it not kickback?!

Lack of fence and his other hand being too close to the blade for my liking. The rest is irrelevant. Definitely seen far worse!

Still wouldn't do it :p.

OscarG":1qskmvec said:
How does it not kickback?!

The magic of the push stick :wink:

Quite often you'll see people taking the waste of a joint like a large housing or lap out or something using the table saw, usually as quick as possible back and forwards over the blade with just your two hands on the piece of timber, also cutting on the reverse stroke as well so it pushes the piece back towards you, bit like a climb cut on a router bit.

I've also seen people trying to cut very gradual curves with a table saw on site before, for some kind of cladding if I remember correctly, definitely no riving knife or guard. Seen all sorts of crosscutting and ripping with no fences or crosscut devices.

I can't say anything though as I'm currently guilty of the no riving knife and guard combo :oops: and also doing some very dodgy cuts :oops: . Ever had a full-sized Welsh dresser on the table saw to cut 3" off the upstand on the bottom? :lol:

Back