If I never see another computer ever again...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigShot

Established Member
Reaction score
...I would die a happy man.

Today I started, and after an incredibly good run of inspiration had practically finished the plan for the workshop I'm about to start building in my garage.

Then AutoCAD bombed out on me.

What a truly horrible way to find out that for some incomprehensible reason the Auto Save feature was turned OFF. No backups, no temps, nothing.

The design was looking great too - the problem with such an inspired run is I now have to try and remember where everything went again.

That's half of my afternoon and my entire evening completely and utterly wasted.

Stoked!

I'm pretty sure I saw a novelty "any" key for sticking onto a keyboard once.

I've cheered up a bit now and have re-drawn some of what I lost and done some new things I hadn't yet drawn. I'm getting there.

My heart goes out to you, Bigshot.

At least you weren't "working" (cough, splutter), when it went **** up...

Imagine trying to explain to a short angry boss why your afternoon of dedication has gone into the ether, cos it's failed to close properly... :oops: :evil:

Can you show us a screen shot when you've done? I'd like to see what you;ve come up with - I'll post my garage layout (Sketchup - .jpg) when I can figure out where it's all ending up!

Pencil and paper's the answer...provided you remember where you've put the paper when finished :lol: - Rob

Back