If I have to have socks for Christmas...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelAD

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I will get some socks at Christmas. Don't want to just leave it 'open' this year (may get some 'themed' socks for goodness sake!!). Need to drop some hints as to which socks would at least produce a genuine smile of appreciation. Socks that would keep my feet toasty in the workshop would be nice...

Any suggestions?

I know I will get some socks at Christmas. Don't want to just leave it 'open' this year (may get some 'themed' socks for goodness sake!!). Need to drop some hints as to which socks would at least produce a genuine smile of appreciation. Socks that would keep my feet toasty in the workshop would be nice...

Any suggestions?
I love smart wool socks. They are merino and very comfortable. Being Marino they don’t get smelly and keep your feet warm in the cold and cool in the heat. Magic stuff.

I've just invested in a pair of electric socks. BRILLIANT, warm feet in the workshop at last
Brian

Copper infused compression socks from Copper Clothing. Buy Copper Infused Clothing Online | CopperClothing
I haven't tried them but I did trial their compression shorts and shirt for them for two weeks of running in the Canary Islands a few years back. That's two weeks without washing them to see how they smelled. Not too bad after running around 100 miles in a hot country. I washed them before coming home by-the-way.
Gary

Hand-kitted ones with no toe seam.

All my socks were knitted by my best beloved; shop socks are rubbish by comparison.

There are loads on Etsy and Folksy.

Engelbert-Strauss do great workwear, and I have just bought some of their very warm worksocks to complement their fleece lined work boots. Global warming has not yet reached my man cave!

engelbert-strauss.co.uk/work-socks

I've found Darn Tough to be overall better than Thorlo, Bridgedale etc etc.
Their Mountaineering Over The Calf Socks are about £28 but are the only ones I've found to stay above my calves, not wear out in a few months and are warm.

Back