Idiots with guns.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a shooter I've got to say what a bunch of pillocks! Total lack of adequate supervision and common sense. I don't care about people hurting themselves, but endangering fellow shooters/bystanders is not funny.

Harbo":2w49t1jr said:
Just goes to prove how dangerous guns are!

Rod
It's not the guns Rod, it's the idiots using them. Guns, same as motor bikes are just inanimate objects until they interact with a human bean. That's when the fun (or otherwise) starts - Rob

I watched it without the sound on - what were they firing on those end shots - an elephant gun - nobody seemed to be able to handle it?
Many years ago a friend of mine had a shotgun that for the unsuspecting who wanted to try it out, loaded it with more powerful cartridges. Nasty kickback and bruised shoulders - he thought it very funny!

Rod

Most of them looked like they couldnt hit a barn door if it was 2 feet away

I doubt that many are a danger to anybody other than themselves. I've never seen so many shooters leaning back rather than into the gun.
Guns being dangerous? Take a look at the you tube vids I posted elsewhere, some people would be dangerous getting out of bed!
Look at the number of people this year who have hurt them selves with chop saws and nail guns. Are they dangerous?

Roy.

I fired Lee Enfield .303s for various station teams when I was in the R.A.F. and the first thing the instructor told us was love it sonny or it will hate you. i.e. cuddle it tightly into your shoulder and even sitting on the ground to lean forward. I only forgot once and had a nicely bruised shoulder to finish that particular competition with :oops:

Therew ere some REAL idiots on that sequence, especially the one who let his small son shoot him! Still, I suppose that it thins out the dim gene pool?

I have to admit a loud giggle to some of the Pongo happenings :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I agree with John, we used to fire .303's as air cadets (prone) and quickly learnt to pull the butt in tight, still bruised though!
chris

I watched it till the music stopped. Haven't laughed so much in weeks! :mrgreen:

On a serious note - like most things, it's the idiots not the thing itself.

Dibs

Yeah! A bit like 'Dangerous Roads.' Never met anyone attacked by a road yet.

Roy.

Dibs-h":34e0dyur said:
I watched it till the music stopped. Haven't laughed so much in weeks! :mrgreen:

Dibs
No it's the thing itself - it attracts idiots. That's why gun controls work. silly person controls don't.

Jacob":2nb1685h said:
Dibs-h":2nb1685h said:
Dibs
No it's the thing itself - it attracts idiots. That's why gun controls work. silly person controls don't.
Very true .... plus guns are designed to kill, nailguns, chopsaws, cars, roads etc are not.

You know Jacob, since you joined not once have I heard a kind word, a measure of sympathy, a polite word for anyone who holds a view different from yourself.
Idiots, morons, racists, we've had the lot! What ill act of fate has turned you against your fellow man may I ask?
Roger, millions of roundss are used every week to punch holes in paper targets or murder Clay Pigeons, a drunken driver is vastly more likely to end your life than a licenced gun owner, fact!

Roy.

Digit":w6tbm92n said:
Roger, millions of roundss are used every week to punch holes in paper targets or murder Clay Pigeons, a drunken driver is vastly more likely to end your life than a licenced gun owner, fact!
Roy.
I can't argue with that, alcohol and guns can both be killers.

But both require a deliberate and concious act by a human being, thus guns, alcohol, motor vehicle etc are in them selves, not dangerous.
More people died in the UK last year hanging wallpaper, (I'm not kidding) than from fire arms, and that includes the unlicenced ones!

Roy.

Digit":by5ldmrh said:
But both require a deliberate and concious act by a human being, thus guns, alcohol, motor vehicle etc are in them selves, not dangerous.
More people died in the UK last year hanging wallpaper, (I'm not kidding) than from fire arms, and that includes the unlicenced ones!

Roy.
Yebbut wall paper hangers, drivers, alcoholics, aren't particularly interested in killing things.
Gun owners are.
OK if it's just the neighbour's cat, but sometimes it's the neighbours too.
Raoul Moat - funny name, funny geezer!

And if you read decent newspapers you would find that neighbours have killed each other without a firearm in sight!
As an ex-gun owner and a licenced driver of both cars and motor bikes I have singularly failed to kill anyone.
The great majority of firearms are used as I pointed out, for target shooting, sport, more cricketers, footballers, skiers etc have died practising their sports than gun owners, ban them!
Moat could have created far geater havoc, had he so chosen to do, with a motor vehicle, the fact that he chose to use a firearm is as valid an argument against guns as banning taxis 'cos a driver has recxently been charged with attemped murder, using his taxi!
Have you ever tried Clay Pigeon shooting at all Jacob, if not I suggest you try it, you might then have something to base you views on?

Roy.

Nothing to see, move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back