Identifying spare bits!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a shame that now given all the info the op has not come back to tell us what machine he has.
I think that the sliding table and bars would not have come as standard but would have been an option.
It does look like a nice example and should work well for the op.
I seem to remember them being a standard fitting on the CK26 but an option on the direct drive which seemed a strange decision, my memory could be playing tricks of course though these days it's easier to remember what happened years ago than the events of last week. :rolleyes:

Butting in a bit here, I have just got my Direct Drive repaired (One coil goosed), I also got a blade setting/honing guide (Part no 636) but no instructions,Can anyone help please? I'm also looking for a good general purpose head for the spindle moulder (30mm) Any suggestions please?

Try this, I have used the this to set the blade height. I did not find much success in blade honing.

I found on utube a US woodworker who had made a blade holder out of wood that held the blades at the correct angle. You then rub the device across a sheet of wet and dry paper fixed to a sheet of plate glass. It works well and you can achieve a very sharp blade in a relatively short time. Self adhesive wet and dry paper came from Axminster Power Tools. I made my device from a piece alloy angle. A machinist friend put the correct angle rebates so that the blade face had the appropriate cutting profile. I can send a photograph Best of luck.
1647714978766.jpeg
1647715120604.jpeg
1647714978766.jpeg

Latest posts

Back