Identifying Forum Members at Exhibitions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodshavings

Established Member
Reaction score
With Kempton Park and Tools 2005 fast approaching, how about members wearing a "badge" with "UK Workshop Forum Member" printed onto a sticky adress label and cut out in a circle, simular to the size and shape of the stickers used by the various charity collectors.

John

woodshavings":1159wdr0 said:
With Kempton Park and Tools 2005 fast approaching, how about members wearing a "badge" with "UK Workshop Forum Member" printed onto a sticky adress label and cut out in a circle, simular to the size and shape of the stickers used by the various charity collectors.

John

Alternatively look at the rogues gallery here:

http://quest42.co.uk/woodwork/images/rogues.htm

You seem to be missing - perhaps you need to read this thread also:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5031

No excuse now - you did ask? :shock: :lol:

Adam

good idea tho, UKWorkshop Merchandise 8)

trevtheturner":yq5vzbfm said:
....and there's me thinking that the recognised ID is a red carnation, and a copy of The Times under the left arm! :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Trev.

Trev

The new form of identification is the LN tee shirt and lots of bags sporting the LN and LV motif. Failing that just tag along with Philly, cos everyone knows him, he'll even carry you wears pretending there his :D :D :D

I walk right past people I know and still don't recognise them. :oops: The chances of me reading a sticker is practically nil, given that all I see at shows are the backs of about a dozen identically folically-challenged blokes in interchangable fleeces and jeans all between me and the L-Ns. :cry: So maybe if you wore them on the backs of your heads...? :lol:

No, wait. Of course. #-o It should be wristbands! :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Waka":30x6lhtp said:
What are you saying, the last time I looked I had hair :lol: :lol:
Maybe, but the 12 blokes who always block my view don't. :lol: Now I'd claim they were following me if a) I was paranoid, and b) they weren't always in front, and therefore can't, by definition, be following me. Instead I'd have to say I was being preceded, which just sounds daft as well as paranoid. So perhaps they lurk about in squads instead, ready to leap into shining-domed action whenever they see me approach a stand... :-k

Okay, now I am getting paranoid... 8-[] :lol:

WiZeR":30x6lhtp said:
UKWorkshop Merchandise
Funny you should say that; I was fooling about with the Wayback Machine and found this.

Cheers, Alf

So your going to recognise each other by wearing pinnies are you :shock: why not pop a nice curly wood shaving behind the ear :wink:

Bean

Bean":gb8vavqq said:
So your going to recognise each other by wearing pinnies are you :shock:

Now I know that you jealous of my pinny.:lol:

Bean":gb8vavqq said:
why not pop a nice curly wood shaving behind the ear :wink:

No it just distracts from my beard :shock:

As I have said before, look for the clogs! 8)

I thought it was obvious who are the forum members-the ones wearing anoraks!!!!! :lol: :lol:
O.k., just joking. I think a badge of some description could be a good idea. Or we could get Charley to print off some more of his UK Workshop t-shirts (as modeled by his good self last year :wink: )
As a final measure we could all print off Chas' "rogues gallery" and carry it with us so we know who to avoid :wink: :lol:
Looking forward to Tools 2005,
Philly :D

Just look for the people with missing digits and scars everywhere.. :wink:

Philly":2wou07hb said:
we could all print off Chas' "rogues gallery" and carry it with us

A member of the forum actually did this for the summer Good Timber show; not a bad idea I thought.

I used a much simpler method of identifying forum members at the Good Timber show, though - I just looked out for the rowdiest element :lol: ! The same technique also worked at the Ledbury auction :) .

My apologies, but Kempton Park and Tools 2005 are in the wrong part of the country for me so I won't be attending.

Gill

Gill":27sidmgj said:
Philly":27sidmgj said:
we could all print off Chas' "rogues gallery" and carry it with us

A member of the forum actually did this for the summer Good Timber show; not a bad idea I thought.
Just needs "Unwanted" and "$000 reward" printed underneath and you're good to go... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Nah, I was thinking something like this (obviously I just happened to use a face that just happens to be readily available in a suitable size... :whistle: ):

phillywantedposter.GIF

That there fella looks real mean in that there picture, don't 'e boys an' girls? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back