Identifying a planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexters Dog

Reaction score
Planer 2.JPG
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can identify the manufacturer of the planer in the pics

Attachments

• Planer.JPG
    Planer.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Planer 2.JPG
    Planer 2.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 301
It isn't an axminster ct330.

It isn't a planer unless you are American. Nor is it a planer thicknesser. We would call that a thicknesser, or sometimes a lunchbox thicknesser.

Looking at the switch and the colour it reminds me of a Delta thicknesser I borrowed from a mate years ago.

n0legs":2id60o1p said:
Looking at the switch and the colour it reminds me of a Delta thicknesser I borrowed from a mate years ago.

You may well be right as it does look similar to a couple delta's on u tube.
Rodders

blackrodd":2afe5f0y said:
You may well be right as it does look similar to a couple delta's on u tube.
Rodders

Yeah BR I've just been having a look on images, it might be a badge engineered job as well.

To the OP, does it run/work okay?

the next question is why you want to identify it- if it is to get new blades, it might be quicker to measure them and have a look at a few different ones for comparison. if it is for spares, then it is possibly more important to recognise the model.

I used to have one very like it badged as AtoZ brand. I reckon they were a chinese design available for badging to any importer who wanted to stock them. Whilst I had it, it did lots of good work for me and only replaced it as I was offered a DW733 which had the great strength of parts being available if I ever needed them. The AtoZ is with a friend now who is just starting out equipping a workshop so I'm sure it will do more good work for him.
When I had it side by side with a DW733 it looked very much as if DW had started with that design and modified lots of small features but essentially the same mechanical layout.

First of all my apologies for the quality of the pics. I don't get on particularly well with computers.
Secondly Marcos thank you for correcting me with regard to my terminology.
Thank you all for your replies; I did initially think it may be an Axminster myself.
I have had an issue with sniping which I think may be due to an issue with the rollers but there my husband & I disagree.

Have you taken the blades out and changed them, or at least reseated them?

Is it happening on long timber as well as short?

I presume that you have flattened the first side before putting it through the thicknesser?

Latest posts

Back