Ideas on how to attach wall brackets for speakers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I want to make some brackets for the corners of the lounge so that I can put speakers onto them. The speakers are about 12" high and 4" wide, so there's not much weight.

I am going to make them out of oak, but I want to attach the bracket to the walls without anyone being able to see the attachment. If you imagine a triangle the two 90 degree sides will be attached to the wall. Does anyone have any idea where I can get the fitting that the bracket slides onto?

Ideally, I wouldn't want to go more than 1" thick on the oak.

I'm sorry if I haven't explained this very well.

Thanks,
Neil

Hi, Neil

First the worst place of speakers if in corners, you might end up with very boomy bass.

How about a floating shelf? two rods coming out of the wall a shelf with a top and bottom and channels for the rods held together with screws under the speakers or up from the bottom. Lipping on the front to hide the join.

But try them out first.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Racers":3occ1hv6 said:
First the worst place of speakers if in corners, you might end up with very boomy bass.

Aaarrgghh!!

Racers":3occ1hv6 said:
How about a floating shelf? two rods coming out of the wall a shelf with a top and bottom and channels for the rods held together with screws under the speakers or up from the bottom. Lipping on the front to hide the join. But try them out first.

Good idea.

Thanks,
Neil

Back