ID - The THING from the garden....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have an exact twin brother of that hoe in the village museum.

I run the catalogization of new donations there and I spent some time asking elderly people what exact use it was for but none of them knew for sure although some of them had seen similar hoes laying around in old outbuildings some 60 or 70 years ago. Probably they were used for digging around tree stumps and stones when breaking new land for cultivation but we never got any 100% proofs.

If you want I could try to remember taking a photograph of it next time I go there. It should be furtherst down in an old paint barrel in the shed attic....... I think........

heimlaga":3i97leoi said:
We have an exact twin brother of that hoe in the village museum.

I run the catalogization of new donations there and I spent some time asking elderly people what exact use it was for but none of them knew for sure although some of them had seen similar hoes laying around in old outbuildings some 60 or 70 years ago. Probably they were used for digging around tree stumps and stones when breaking new land for cultivation but we never got any 100% proofs.

If you want I could try to remember taking a photograph of it next time I go there. It should be furtherst down in an old paint barrel in the shed attic....... I think........

That would be interesting to see Heimlaga.....if you don't mind.

Jimi

Better late than never. I have been busy with other things every time I have gone there until now. It was not as similar as i remembered it but rather similar it is.

Attachments

• gräfta1.JPG
    gräfta1.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 519
  • gräfta2.JPG
    gräfta2.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 519
Back