I'd like to hear about your tea drinking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having run out of "Acker" yesterday, I've found that a large mug of strong "normal" tea (not Morrison's Green Label), with one spoon of sugar and about 1/4 a squeezed lemon is very nice too :D

Hi Charles

I'm drinking a mugful of Sainsbury's Fairtrade Assam Tea as I type this. I like it STRONG, with a only a little splash of semi-skimmed milk, and no sugar. After all, you want to savour that lovely tannin-y tea-taste without your cuppa tasting of hot sweet milk, don't you? I always drink it out of a mug - I hate those horrid little teacups.

I used to drink Clipper Fairtrade, but nowadays prefer Assam. I usually use tea bags for convenience, but occasionally have leaf tea when I have time to wait for it to brew. My daughter often buys me fancy leaf teas as a gift; the current one is Cornish Tregothnan Classic Tea - interesting flavour. I'm afraid I don't like Tetley or PG Tips. Taylor's Yorkshire Tea is good, though.

I can't get going in the morning until I've had my first mugful. After that it's as often as necessary ..... After 9 pm I have to drink that decaffeinated stuff; this rule is enforced by SWMBO. Of the brands I've tried, Taylor's Decaf Yorkshire Tea is the best.

P.S. SWMBO is like RogerS - she hates tea and only drinks coffee. Vile stuff. Ah well, never mind. :lol:

Les

I haven't taken the time or effort to read all of this. Life is too short but I drink Tyinings tea here, but if we are out at ANY French establishment I drink coffee, usually the 'alongiée' which is a strong black coffe with a small jug of hot water. Lovely dtuff.

A France president once said that he knew why the English drink tea and that was because he had tasted their coffee. BUT believe me the French drink coffee because their tea is the biggest load of merde (French for dung) this side of creation.

They give you a cup of tepid water with an excuse for a tea bag drowning in it and if you ask for milk with it the milk is put in at the same time as the tepid water and the sack of c r a p!!

But, the up side is that the wine is good and cheap. A 1/2 ltr carafe of wine with a meal for 2 is about 3€ 8) 8)

Either Williamsons RNLI Lifeboat tea when I can get it or Tesco Captain Scott Expedition blend, hot and strong with a splash of milk.

Being a teacher has ruined my tea drinking. I use to care! I use to put it in a warmed tea pot behind the aga and let it brew till it was perfect. Now I have been reduced to chucking a tea bag into the bottom of a mug not even a nice china cup! pouring boiling water on it followed immediately by a healthy dose of milk and drank with the tea bag still in the mug!

being a teacher is great but 15 mins in a busy staff room has ruined my tea drinking etiquite:(

What ever became of the old-fashioned, loose, tea? Plain and simple, supplied in a plywood 'chest'; weighed out by the grocer, in a little blue bag, fashioned at point of sale? :lol:

Okay, I admit to a liking for Asda's own, Earl Grey tea, and tea-bags. Drunk from a Spode mug!

And no milk... Yuck...

I can't sleep if I don't have a nightcap of strong, black, real coffee. Is it me? Or is the caffeine problem just propaganda?

Coca-Cola sends me to sleep too... That might be due to the sugar of course! :lol:

John

Edit. Almost forgot. My daughter bought back a packet of 'Resolution' tea from Whitby this weekend. Have to watch that as it's strong, and should go a long way! :D

Ah, but RG, being a teacher and just working a 20 hour week gives you LOTS of time at home to brew yer tea to your high standard init already :twisted: :twisted: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :wink: :wink:

I think that I'll just duck behind a handy bullet proof wall for a few mins, but I din mean it really guv :oops:

Jonzjob":1ylt4v5l said:
Ah, but RG, being a teacher and just working a 20 hour week gives you LOTS of time at home to brew yer tea to your high standard init already :twisted: :twisted: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :wink: :wink:

I think that I'll just duck behind a handy bullet proof wall for a few mins, but I din mean it really guv :oops:

no never !!! all that extracurricular stuff we do keeps us busy ;) we need the june july august rest its a hard life wish i could get a full time teaching job working as a cabinet maker as zero jobs going in ireland at the mo :/

Jonzjob":1vpl83k6 said:
You Don't Teach english By Any Chance Do You? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Or Have You Been Teaching french 'Cause They Don't U se Capitals For Their Months Either :shock: :shock: :?

Never mind, soon be christmas :ho2 :ho2 :ho2

Ha no wood work and i can use CAPITALS but usually not bothered! unless its a cv :p

I have just started drinking tea again in moderation as I am a devout coffee drinker. I used to drink lots of tea when my mother was alive. i used to work around the corner from her home so would spend my lunchtime there and drink her tea. (Ty phoo, little drop of full fat milk, and two sugars) when she died I went off tea completely as it never tasted the same again? I now drink Lidl brand coffee and prefer it to Nescafe again with a little drop of milk and two sugars. i have now started drinking tea again usually later at night and am liking the taste again. (Tescos own brand) But the strangest thing is my tastes have been changing recently as most of my life I have been vegetarian only eating processed meat or rubbish meat as most call it and I could not stand any seafood at all. I have now started eating sausages, burgers, black pudding, and prawns in avocado sauce! I still can't eat a joint of meat or any fowl but at the age of 57 i seem to be going through a change?? :?

Burgers are fine Alan. It's the bun that makes us fat! IMHO of course!
Although I only buy my burgers from my trusted butcher, who makes his own.
He also sells tea and coffee, and even makes me a cuppa when he's on a slack day!

John

Latest posts

Back