i wood - on-line pricing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":2x6s0ezz said:
True, John, and I have used both. But do they do PAR? That is an attraction of companies like iWood and British Hardwoods.

yes they do but there is a lead in time of about 10 days. I will endorse johns sentiments and say that all the timber i have had from them has been exceptional.

Hi Roger, Mark..

I rarely buy PAR because I bought a big planer years ago. (After a lot of 'soul-searching' at the time...)

Now I am at the end of serious woodworking, I might get rid of the planer and it's Great Barr Sawmills from then on! :D

I should cocoa! It's just too satisfying to draw a sawn board from my stash, and do it from scratch, to end up with a nice project - at my age it's almost as good as chocolate!

So I stick with what I know!

Cheers
John :)

RogerS":2x24c8sp said:
Mmmm...when you've got metres and metres and metres of the stuff to prep the attraction of PAR increases. One can plan round lead-times.

Point well taken Roger!

I empathise completely

John :wink:

Would be nice to be able to compare several woods for hardness, finishing properties, etc.

So if some select say Sapele & Oak they will see 2 columns listing the properties of each side by side and the colours of the wood as well.

Well, Sykes give a list of the properties and price range for every species they sell. Maybe Sykes produce a pamphlet. I can't say for sure.

Somehow you could make up a list for your private use. You'd find Microsoft Word 'Landscape' format good for this. Or if you understand Spread sheets, I expect you could make that work too.

Once you've used your list a few times you'll know it well enough to decide what species you require for what purpose.

I just know the species I feel happiest using, and what is good for whatever project I am involved with. If I can afford the 'proper' timber, I buy it.

SAT really! :D

HTH
John :)

Latest posts

Back