I won a screwfix voucher and now I have tools and need to learn how to use them 🥸

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum. Lucky you!!! What tools did you get and what projects do you have in mind?

Welcome to the forum. Lucky you!!! What tools did you get and what projects do you have in mind?
I bought a plunge saw, orbital sander and an electric plane. I have my metal gate surround to replace as its rotten. I also want to make a squirrel table for our local resident. I need to stain the pine to protect it. Not sure which is the best brand.

Hello & Welcome to the wonderful world of D.I.Y. - - In order to make anything WELL it is necessary to Ensure that you can keep your work-pieces STILL whilst you work on them...ANY Slight Wobbles will Always result in an Innacurate Cut. This Fact is Crucial....Get on to UTUBE & search MORAVIAN WORKBENCH & NICHOLSON WORKBENCH. - Either way you decide to go you will find that your available Work Space is the controlling factor.
By selecting Knock-Down Bench designs you can pack them away when you need more space for assembly...Get rid of your car & buy an Estate Car With Roof-Bars....Your knock-down bench can go in the back to work away from home.
Then you will be able to buy long lengths of timber and cut them to size yourself...Avoid buying cut to size, because that is the expensive way.
Dust -Masks are Importand...So are Safety Goggles ! - - - Blind Woodworkers are Slow....! Keep a First Aid Kit Nearby.....You WILL cut yourself Occasionally !
Keep ALL of your tool Scary-Sharp ! ....Blunt Tools Cause Accidents !.......Please Don't Poison Your Squirrel with the wrong timber or wood preservative.
If you buy an Oak Sleeper from your Garden-Centre & cut it to size yourself, you won't need preservative...Oak weathers well as natural timber..
Above All - - - Don't think of your projects as "Work" - - - Enjoy Your New Hobby !

Hello & Welcome to the wonderful world of D.I.Y. - - In order to make anything WELL it is necessary to Ensure that you can keep your work-pieces STILL whilst you work on them...ANY Slight Wobbles will Always result in an Innacurate Cut. This Fact is Crucial....Get on to UTUBE & search MORAVIAN WORKBENCH & NICHOLSON WORKBENCH. - Either way you decide to go you will find that your available Work Space is the controlling factor.
By selecting Knock-Down Bench designs you can pack them away when you need more space for assembly...Get rid of your car & buy an Estate Car With Roof-Bars....Your knock-down bench can go in the back to work away from home.
Then you will be able to buy long lengths of timber and cut them to size yourself...Avoid buying cut to size, because that is the expensive way.
Dust -Masks are Importand...So are Safety Goggles ! - - - Blind Woodworkers are Slow....! Keep a First Aid Kit Nearby.....You WILL cut yourself Occasionally !
Keep ALL of your tool Scary-Sharp ! ....Blunt Tools Cause Accidents !.......Please Don't Poison Your Squirrel with the wrong timber or wood preservative.
If you buy an Oak Sleeper from your Garden-Centre & cut it to size yourself, you won't need preservative...Oak weathers well as natural timber..
Above All - - - Don't think of your projects as "Work" - - - Enjoy Your New Hobby !
Wow thank you. That is very useful. Could you imagine if I poisoned a squirrel with my first project 😵‍💫

Back