I wish I was younger.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
My son has just bought nearly 60 acres of ancient woodland with a mixture of Oak, Ash, Sycamore, Yew, Birch, Chestnut, Holly and other, as yet unidentified, trees.
Using an online app we measured the diameter of one of the yews and calculated it is about 660 years old and a beech that is 580 years old
He has enough fallen and leaning timber to last several lifetimes. So much wood and so little time.

whiskywill":p8fht5xy said:
My son has just bought nearly 60 acres of ancient woodland with a mixture of Oak, Ash, Sycamore, Yew, Birch, Chestnut, Holly and other, as yet unidentified, trees.
Using an online app we measured the diameter of one of the yews and calculated it is about 660 years old and a beech that is 580 years old
He has enough fallen and leaning timber to last several lifetimes. So much wood and so little time.

Lucky guy.
Is woodland cheaper than agriculture land WW? Are there any restrictions?

Noel":2shsj88p said:
Is woodland cheaper than agriculture land WW? Are there any restrictions?

I have no idea. I didn't ask about cost in case it made me more jealous. This is partly hobby and partly a pension investment. His job pays generous bonuses which allows him to indulge in this type of thing.
He is a very keen "woodsman" and has a collection of 60 plus axes and billhooks. There are many tree preservation orders in force but there is more than enough fallen and leaning trees which can be cleared out without touching any living thing.
It's the large green mass in the middle of this picture.
Woods.JPG

Attachments

• Woods.JPG
    Woods.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 244
Back