I want to drill a hole in my saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
owen":3qj6lsay said:
It's a saw, it's not meant to look good it's for cutting wood??

If it had been bought to just do the latter with no consideration to the former, it wouldn't have been this saw. There are millions of great tenon saws washing around the system looking for owners.

I don't like those Veritas saws anyway. Ugly. Buy a proper old one, then you can pick one with a closed handle, sorted.

MikeG.":um40zvei said:
owen":um40zvei said:

If it had been bought to just do the latter with no consideration to the former, it wouldn't have been this saw. There are millions of great tenon saws washing around the system looking for owners.

I bought it because it was a good brand and is ready out of the box. I really don't care what it looks like.

If I was to buy a second hand one, it would need tune up, which I am not really interested in doing.

transatlantic":2d03i5hf said:
MikeG.":2d03i5hf said:
owen":2d03i5hf said:

I bought it because it was a good brand and is ready out of the box. I really don't care what it looks like.

If I was to buy a second hand one, it would need tune up, which I am not really interested in doing.

What, so you'll bin this one when it gets a bit blunt?

transatlantic":2s4osxhh said:
MikeG.":2s4osxhh said:
owen":2s4osxhh said:

actually the veritas needs sharpening as well, no saw lasts forever with sharpness, the set will need re-doing every few sharpening sessions as well, all saws need maintaining.

When it needs sharpening then I'll sharpen it. But its not exactly expensive, so it made sense to me to buy it ready to use so I can at least gauge how it should be.

I've got a veritas saw (bought second hand) and I find it more comfortable than a closed handle one. I've got plenty of old ones but I pick the veritas up first...

I hang my veritas saws using magnets (I stack them) with holed in them for the screw

They stick out enough so the handle doesn't hit the wall.
The magnets (I use a pair) touch the back bar and prevent the saw slipping off.

Has never failed and was very cheap.

PS I didn't use earth rare magnets, just the cheap ones (hammer)

Thanks for the ideas. Went with this in the end.

fd269f4f5d8cb2f10cacb9331bcef848.jpg
16e6f227c9f8c04c342cda722737a1b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Back