I,ve made a new toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
OK not what some may have expected. Besides turning I enjoy making toys for the kids in the family, this one is for the youngest great grandson.
He enjoys playing with cars especially anything to do with construction vehicles so I have now added this crane to his ever growing selection.

I don't know what he thinks yet as it is getting picked up tomorrow.

Made from Beech and Sapele I had in the wood store along with some dowel. The only piece of metal is the brass hook which was made from a piece of brass bar I have in my stocks(surprising what you collect and keep in the shed).

OK I could not resist using the lathe for some parts

DSCF5058_zpsevd3nnwd.jpg

DSCF5054_zpsisnor9a7.jpg

DSCF5059_zpsl6gfhtq3.jpg

Absolutely brilliant! And as WM Says, Hours of fun.
I'll bet there's a long queue to be you're grandson!
Regards Rodders

Well done that man =D> , love the look of the bucket
did you make it from a plan of make it up yourself
Dave

Thank you all

worsley947":dliar6zp said:
Well done that man =D> , love the look of the bucket
did you make it from a plan of make it up yourself
Dave

This is from a series of plans called "The Construction Series". This one was published in the Wood Magazine from 2008, there are about 15 different construction vehicles in the series

Thanks all. Anyway He turned up today to picked it up and wanted to stay and play with it, he did not understand that he could take it with him we had to laugh. So it was well received by him he found some plastic bricks to put in the bucket.

Back