I saw this on Facebook

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGIvy

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw this on Facebook and thought it worth sharing. Pity the quality of the pic isn't better because I'd like to see more detail of the construction.
IMG_0564.jpeg

I like biscuits but you can overface yourself sometimes opening the third pack of hobnobs can make you feel queezy, sometimes it's better to have a few hobnobs and maybe an apple just to break it up a bit ........... just saying.

Ever eat a whole bag of sweets as a kid and then get stomach cramps and feel shi*e?
There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Apart from the appearance, isn't there a bit of a structural problem? All those treads and risers with a portion where the grain goes the wrong way, held in by sapwood and filler?

Feel like this sort of thing could work without the contrast of sapwood and heartwood. With the bark, bright sapwood and dark heartwood it's very distracting, a prime example of function following form. It's a floor and the beauty of a good floor is nested within its function.

Latest posts

Back