I need help tracking my belt sander!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ives

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got the belt and disc sander from Axminster- this one: http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... rc=froogle

I'm trying to track the belt sander, but every time I turn it on, the belt just shoots right off it, and I think I have the tension on as tight as it goes. Should I put the cover all the way on and that keeps it on? Doesn't seem right that it can just shoot off.

You should be able to track it so that it stays on - it will just side - grind against the case otherwise.

There should be a small wheel that is the adjuster - do you have instructions? From the picture in the link I can't see if it is the top wheel or another one hidden out of shot ...

Blister":3t7cm3ly said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyUYabs7jkI

you should have a adjuster knob or screw on it

I did see that video, but my belt sander is the upright kind. And it totally just flies off the wheels, I don't even have time to adjust it!

Hi, Ives

Turn it by hand while you adjust it.

Pete

Racers":umttrtjk said:
Hi, Ives

Turn it by hand while you adjust it.

Pete

Yup.
Sounds like it is way off so will fly off every time under power until it is somewhere near right. Then you can play with the tracking in motion.

I read the manual step by step! Tracking section was like, 'now track the belt.' Maybe I missed more info. I got it to work better by doing it by hand, then did it with power on and let's just say it didn't work out very well! Back to try again. So far I don't like this sander!

Hi, Ives

The adjustment will only be a slight turn of the knob, so take it easy.

You might have damaged the belt, try a new one.

Pete

I'll try a new one then.

Also, if you want to change the disc sander grit thing, you have the throw away the one you take off? You can't just change them as you need to and re-use? Whenever you need to change grits you're just chucking the other one out? They stick on, and the instructions say take it off, throw it away, scrape off excess adhesive, etc. Doesn't sound as useful or economical as I thought it would be.

Latest posts

Back