I may be an I di ot - but at least I'm lucky

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJB Temple

Finely figured
Reaction score
I took a day off from the endless grind (no pun intended) of sanding stacks of oak.

But I found a board a wanted to check out, so I thought I would just skim it off quickly. Put the big belt sander on it and nothing happened. Realised I had not switched on the big vac, which runs the belt sander, and switched on.

Then watched in shocked surprise as the big Makita shot down the bench like a go kart. Really stupid and not a mistake I have ever made before.

But karma was on my side, the Makita shot off the end of the board and plopped straight into a bucket of shavings. No harm done. Super lucky. :oops:

had to edit as the perfectly normal word - i diot - applied to myself was censored to silly person. To be fair I was that too.

Quite a while ago I was sanding a length of wood away from my bench on a lowIsh trestle.
I fired up the sander and the wood shot out from underneath straight into my nuts :D

It really hurt :cry:

Myfordman":1kxr6ahu said:
i'm sure I've seen something on a merkin website about belt-sander racing?

I think it may be in Alasaka that they have actual leagues. Long nights.........not much to do......... :lol:

I saw a man do the same thing on a large wooden picnic bench. he plugged it into the extension lead and it went down that table and off into space like its tail was on fire. Very lucky nobody was hurt as there were quite a few of us standing nearby.

Guffaw

Attachments

• giphy (2).gif
    giphy (2).gif
    645.5 KB · Views: 113
Back