I just bought a 4 sider :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Not had it delivered yet but should be in a couple of weeks.
Needs to be serviced first.
sintexxl2001.jpg

Well Woody,

I don't really know what the ultimate end-product is, but I imagine the waste goes to board manufacturers. No waste then. Just recycled matter! Like my brain-cells! :lol: :lol:

The closing shots show an upwardly curved underside to the 'pole'. That suggests to me stacking of timber in a way similar to a log cabin.
xy

Looks a nice machine Bob - i'm sure it'll be put to great use in your shop. But that demo video was rubbish - the end piece didn't look very flat (look at the shadow between the workpiece and the table at the end) and they could have hooked it up to an extractor!

They are great when they work well, but I've worked previously with a company who brought a brand new 4 sided planer and it always seemed to breakdown, even though they paid good money for it....

Just don't get rid of your old planer and thicknesser as I found these were dearly missed.

joiner_sim":1oyxc4j7 said:
They are great when they work well, but I've worked previously with a company who brought a brand new 4 sided planer and it always seemed to breakdown, even though they paid good money for it....

Just don't get rid of your old planer and thicknesser as I found these were dearly missed.

I'd like to stress this is not a replacement for a standard PT, it's an addition.
I don't really understand how you could just use a four sider, they do bulk runs, be a right pain setting it up to run a 2 meter length.

I agree with that, thats why I said don't get rid. They kept the planer but sold the thicknesser, and the drum sander was the substitute. This wasn't done very often though, as the machinists would always use the 4 sider, generally you'd only find myself and the other joiners using the drum sander if we had no other choice!

Glad to say, that I'm not with that company anymore though :D

Back