Quantcast

I have experienced forums since 1990

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
It's even better, Mike. They are not even named and so effectively they cease to exist !
Interestingly though, Jacob's "Wearwell" account now ceases to exist, and also his "Jacob" account also no longer exists technically. I wonder who's done that :unsure:

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
Re Charley, how do we know that Charley himself now writes with that name????
That was just AES having a mess around with the admin controls that were accidentally on offer for everyone to use, which allowed normal users to swap posters names around.

MikeG.

Plodding on.
Reaction score
I have experienced forums since 1990
Are you absolutely sure? The World Wide Web didn't come into existence until 1990. In 1990 the home computer market was dominated by Sinclair and Amstrad, using a DOS operating system and you would only have had the choice of a dial-up connection. You really would have had to have been at the forefront of the technical revolution to be on a forum in 1990.

sploo

Somewhat extinguished member
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure? The World Wide Web didn't come into existence until 1990. In 1990 the home computer market was dominated by Sinclair and Amstrad, using a DOS operating system and you would only have had the choice of a dial-up connection. You really would have had to have been at the forefront of the technical revolution to be on a forum in 1990.
BBS maybe? (Bulletin board system - Wikipedia)

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My experience by memory (dodgy) I was into Flight Simulation at the start of my PC days and was with a group (atomic systems?) and we swapped info re using Microsoft FS. might be, 10 years out?
Oh dear that was 1998 suddenly comes to mind.

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
beat me to it sploo, i was gonna say the same or as most were called in the venacullar - messageboards

sploo

Somewhat extinguished member
Reaction score
beat me to it sploo, i was gonna say the same or as most were called in the venacullar - messageboards
The joys of literally watching characters appear on your screen due to the stunning performance of a 300 baud modem 😁

Droogs

Reaction score
300 baud, oh you rich posh sod. Try 75 when I first entered telecomms/computing

Droogs

Reaction score
military communications at its finest, right at the forefront of technology - of the previous century

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score

Ummm...no. There was a far superior operating system around long before then and streets ahead of DOS....ahem...ever heard of the Mac ?:)

Latest posts