I have a pair of size 3 Balls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
:mrgreen:

And they look like this

140.jpg

Not bad for £4.99 on you know what bay

1.5 KG each in weight , lignum vitae

Hope they are not cracked

I too have a couple of spare balls.
Beginners question please - should the hole for the handle be same as where the Ivory insignia part is, or does it not matter.?

Alex.

Bloomin Heck Alan,

I've got a pair just like that in my workshop - I will post a piccie to prove it if you like!

The worrying but is I never thought this forum would have a thread where contributors start showing their balls!!! :mrgreen:

Alan - What have you started #-o #-o

I've seen some for sale a car-boots but those that were worn enough I could see were resin. Others have been in excellent condition and so well finished I couldn't be sure what they were made of. Is there an easy way to spot they are lignum vitae for sure beneath the paint?

RogerP":2heieypj said:
I've seen some for sale a car-boots but those that were worn enough I could see were resin. Others have been in excellent condition and so well finished I couldn't be sure what they were made of. Is there an easy way to spot they are lignum vitae for sure beneath the paint?

no acid test really, just intuition the plastic balls often have a ring of grip semicircles at the top and bottom, hope this helps

adidat

I'm not happy, now I have come to check. I've only got one!!!! :cry: Do you think the other one will drop. :roll:
The council run greens round here have banned the traditional wood's because they fracture/break the synaesthetic ones...must be good wood then :D

If you can remove the plastic/ivory caps at the top/bottom you may find the original holes from when they were turned between centres - makes them easier to true up and re-use :D

Was gonna ask how people were chucking them up, as I have a nice pair too

Thanks for that.
All I've got to do now is finish the workshop floor, make a bench for the lathe, sort the electrics and last off all accumulate 3,000 turning chisels.

Alex.

Latest posts

Back