I hate reclaimed wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just squaring up some doors for my side board (credenza) , and whammmmmmmm, sparks :evil: :evil:

I was cutting through a bunch of old brass/steel hinge screws who were totally covered.

The doors I salvaged from another project had been hung before, but somebody had taken the hinges off (but had not taken the screws out) before making the doors wider with new stock

As I was making the doors smaller I found those old screws who somebody had left so nicely behind for me to find them again :!: :!: . and ooh boy did I found them

Thankfully not to much damage to my saw

Looks like you kept on going though? You can get blades which can cope with such "obstacles" can't you?

Adam

Good thing you had those, tap tap, safety glasses on

Ooooh yeah, I never leave home without them :wink:

I have the integrated safety glasses with earmufflers, they are great

Looks like you kept on going though?

Yep I did, i did stop had a look, and thought that it was the end off it, and then at the other end had another bunch. :evil:

Thanfully the other door was fine :p

This is where a small metal detector comes into its own and pays for itself the first time you use it and remove any hidden metal in reclaimed timber.

OK meal edited to metal as it was supposed to be. lmao

I was really worried about nails & stuff in reclaimed timber so I posted a thread to ask about metal detectors. Seems that one or two people use the Axminster 'Lumber Wizard' so I ordered one from them, hope to get in the next few days & I can breath easy again.

Back