I hate computer!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
All I wish to do is renew my motorbike insurance. Oh for the days when someone over a counter handled it.
No chance.

BUY NOW.
click on buy now.

up comes a list of additions if want them.
No
No
No
No
No

PURCHASE

Click purchase.

up comes a list of additions if you want them.
No
No
No
No
No

PURCHASE

Click purchase.

Up comes.....

Give up!

Roy.

Bit like you can't seem to phone an organisation today without "Press one for this" & "press two for that" & so on. Drives me nuts. Now when presented with a menu system (most of which get quite confusing) I just refuse to press any buttons. usually results in being put through to someone to help you :D

regards

Brian

If I could afford it I'd put my boot through the screen!

Roy.

brianhabby":3ls9si54 said:
Bit like you can't seem to phone an organisation today without "Press one for this" & "press two for that" & so on. Drives me nuts. Now when presented with a menu system (most of which get quite confusing) I just refuse to press any buttons. usually results in being put through to someone to help you :D

regards

Brian

Or just keep pressing the # key. It seems to be a 'call for assistance' sign for people with problems. Always works for me. My problem is patience....

Another strategy is to pretend that you want to buy something. You get through to a human quite rapidly then pretend to be stupid, and they will pass you through to the correct department as quick as they are able.

brianhabby":1sn3gsgy said:
Bit like you can't seem to phone an organisation today without "Press one for this" & "press two for that" & so on....

Brian

I kid you not, there is a doctors surgery in llantrisant that when you dial, you get... 'if you have a life threatening emergency, press one..... #-o

My method of dealing with auto phone services is doing my best to get to the quickest real person then asking them to put me through to someone that can help.

And they tell me the system is to improve customer services. :roll:

Roy.

I find the following Services good:

http://gethuman.com/ <- You type in the company you are trying to contact and it will tell you how to get straight to a human(the silent trick and the random presses don't always work!)

i also love and live by :

http://www.saynoto0870.com/ <- these guys give you the local rate number to call centers, so you don't have to pay extra by calling them from a mobile phone or if your phone plan doesn't cover 0870 numbers..

alot of the time, the number you call goes direct to a person... I always ring vodafone on the number from that site and my call is answered in under 20 seconds!

Hope it helps!

Tom.

Got the computer understanding Angl-Saxon then found out my wife has lost my debit card! Hey ho!

Roy.

Or the insurance company isn't interested. I'm 71 and I rather suspect the idea of a septuagenarian riding a motor bike gives them the horrors. One company quoted £900, third party!

Roy.

Back