I had to. Didn't I?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Not bought any new tools for several months.
Mainly because I use handtools for most things these days and have, <ahem> enough 'quality' planes, chisels and saws :oops:

Or so I thought!! Couldn't resist filling the obvious hole in my LN collection and whilst at it added a LV essential for all plane users :D

Both are beyond comparison. Superbly engineered and work perfectly

I am a very happy chap this evening :lol:

Jack.jpg

Tony
Now thats what I like to see! A fully rounded and perfectly executed gloat! \:D/
Well done mate-enjoy!
Cheers
Philly :D

Thanks Mike - that box should be upstairs for mrs T to use but I haven't err, quite finished making the trays yet :oops:

Philly":1zxpwsg3 said:
Tony
Now thats what I like to see! A fully rounded and perfectly executed gloat! \:D/

can't say who I learnt it from :whistle:

Alf":7yafhzcj said:
Almost the perfect picture, Tony. :wink: :lol: Stock bevel angle there, I presume?

Cheers, Alf

Certainly is :)

What would you recommend for my spare blade?

Well I'm using York pitch* pretty much the whole time at the moment, but it depends on what woods you're using of course.

Cheers, Alf

*Someone's bound to want to know, so:
45° - Common pitch - softwoods
50° - York pitch - hardwoods
55° - Middle pitch
60° - Half pitch
All effective cutting angle. i.e. Bevel angle + bedding angle in bevel-up planes.

Tony":2dnmp5hp said:
Not bought any new tools for several months.

withdrawel symtoms was it.....on that subject....Chris and Phillys been quiet,or has Waka taken over

I thought woodworking was a dear hobby until i've started to get some metalworking stuff......says Ian with pockets now promptly sewn up by his Mrs.

Ian

He, he, he..... :lol:
Just been waiting and watching-seeing if my seeds have taken plant. :lol:
Who's been a good boy lately. Or has he?............

Back