I finally nailed a router to a board. Why didn't I do this sooner?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBT85

Established Member
Reaction score
So a job for a friend came up and it has meant adding a nice edge to probably 20m of board. It was a prospect that finally nudged me to spend the time to secure my refurbished Erbauer 2100w soft start router (£60 - Ebay) to a bit of birch ply that was laying around in the workshop (was an old crosscut sled that came with the tablesaw). I did have to spend the time to route out a recess for the router to sit in in order to use bits at the correct depth and cut down some new screws. It's just got some random 100x50 as bracing and its used on some saw horses for this job till I can sort it properly in the workshop as the outfeed on the tablesaw, add a fence, NVR etc.

Golly gosh is soooo much nicer to use than doing it all with the palm router.

Maybe the prospect of wanting to make it right the first time just left me with no router table at all. Now I have one that's a bit janky, but it works for the time being.

When you say it is on saw horses ,is it fastened down to them securely along with the saw horses ? it would be a total :poop: if the whole thing stated to slide away and the piece was jiggered :cry:

Skis?

When you say it is on saw horses ,is it fastened down to them securely along with the saw horses ? it would be a total :poop: if the whole thing stated to slide away and the piece was jiggered :cry:
Ahh its only redwood pine and only boards cut to length, nothing fancy.

Back