I don't believe it!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please find out what is definition of vaccine and what it’s doing to a subject to after application.
Please compare it with mechanics of seasonal jabs, boosters, etc.

Then write misleading information 🙄

definition of a vaccine:
The CDC defines a vaccine as, “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease.”

The Merriam Webster dictionary defines a vaccine as “a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease.”

This is basically what the currently available Covid-19 vaccines are designed to do: stimulate your immune system so that it is ready to respond to the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in order to prevent Covid-19

it certainly quacks like a vaccine.

Indeed they might - but they would be wrong if we want a healthy democracy rather than an oligarchy or dictatorship.
The left/right conundrum. Neither side are in it for the little people, and both systems have an elite who get all the benefits at the expense of the little people. The only real difference between the two systems is who gets to be the aristocrat. The common analogy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

It has taken generations to get to the point where people genuinely believe that government is here to help.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."​

The left/right conundrum. Neither side are in it for the little people, and both systems have an elite who get all the benefits at the expense of the little people. The only real difference between the two systems is who gets to be the aristocrat. The common analogy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

It has taken generations to get to the point where people genuinely believe that government is here to help.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."​
https://www.history.com/topics/19th...ement led efforts,who were injured or retired.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labour_movement

Just to get back on topic, Facebook operates on a Fail-Fast policy. This means they will happily take risks that would be inconcievable to a Bank or telecoms company. Facebook have no problem meddling in their systems if it will improve their profit margin. There is no regulator, Zuck owns the controlling share so isn't answerable to anyone, and at the end of the day, as he insists himself, its just a social media platform...

Fail fast in Facebook's industry doesn't mean how you've interpreted it.

From a technical perspective it means make or try something small, then test it loads, and if successful push out to end users. It is cheaper, easier and results in higher quality product, because problems are found quicker and are cheaper to fix the earlier they are discovered, which will be before the customer ever see it.

From a business perspective, it's around trying a new product or service and if it doesn't help users, or support business strategy or even make money, shut it down.

As expected, my Marketbook search started working again using my own ID, but very hit and miss, so still not working properly, but See what a absolute bargain I found!!! A young lady in Glasgow advertising a site selling these.

This is the thicknesser I've been waiting for. What a bargain!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thick1.JPG

As expected, my Marketbook search started working again using my own ID, but very hit and miss, so still not working properly, but See what a absolute bargain I found!!! A young lady in Glasgow advertising a site selling these.

This is the thicknesser I've been waiting for. What a bargain!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 119423
This seems to come from pokitnew.

it’s gotta be a scam or something
https://pokitnew.com/

makita 10 piece combo kit under £50……

Facebook - a company worth half the annual output of the whole UK economy. They are not small, they are bigger than very very big.

Yet despite mega profits and the pick of the worlds IT intelligensia, they are incapable of operating a resilient service, incapable of duplication of IT servers, operating a contingency service, no multiple processor capabilities etc etc .

In summary they have displayed the IT competence and maturity of a second rate retailer or bank. Their explanations are somewhat implausible, but cannot be entirely discounted.

However, there are other more plausible explanations which may or may not be true, and which would cause far greater embarrasment:
  • a simple hack by a few malicious people who found a way to disrupt their systems
  • governments have finally acted upon the uncontrolled power wielded by social media
  • hostile government action - China, Russia, N.Korea?
  • corporate blackmail

I can see where you are coming from, but it is not really the case this time with Facebook's outage.

They have massive resiliency, redundancy, and scalability capacity. Their IT systems and procedures are considered top notch in the industry in this respect. That's why they pay £180k average for their site reliability engineers.

There are somethings in IT systems that are very hard to make resilient and redundant no matter how much money and time is thrown at it. Over the last 5 years there have been massive improvements in most areas concerning reliability and resiliency, but in some areas it lags. The goal is to remove single points of failure. Essentially in this Facebook situation, there was a few things that appear to have caused the problem:

1. They couldn't test the network change applied (because it's technically impossible, or incomprehensibly expensive), or they simply forgot to implement the test for the change
2. Their physical security system was mis configured, and relied on things it shouldn't have, probably by a naive choice by an inexperienced systems adminstrator
3. Their disaster recovery plan relied upon the network infrastructure always working

Your ideas for other explanations are possible, but in this situation I don't think they are likely.

I work as an engineer doing exactly this type of work at one of the top ten, not for Facebook or that silly money though.

I'll vote for the above. My view, for what it's worth, is that it was "just" a monumental cock-up.

There is a long and noble history of large organisations cocking up BGP changes and, as has been mentioned, once your AS is disconnected from the rest of the internet (which is the nett effect of your BGP settings being wrong) you are dead in the water.

The only way out of this is physical access to the routers in question so that console access can be obtained. If your access control infrastructure is on the same AS, your next port of call is fire axes and angle grinders...

Fwiw, I used to be a CTO for hedge funds and large financial organisations in various countries. I would have almost certainly lost my job if something like this happened on my watch.

Last edited:

View attachment 119423

Congratulations Sandyn, happy shopping...... : (
You'd think they would have the good sense to use an image of something that was actually available on the market, not something that's only sold in N America and Australia. But I suppose folk only look at the 2 digit price....
The 733 is so 90s, would be great if the 735 was on the market here.

The 733 is so 90s, would be great if the 735 was on the market here.

Thanks. I've ordered 8, they should be here tomorrow!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm back to my daily search for an old thicknesser locally, but that's almost a year I have been searching, but!!! you never know what tomorrow may bring!
The 735 is available on Amazon UK, imported from the US, but £910 plus £166 delivery. Not sure if you would then have to pay import duty and Vat as well? It's about $600 in the US, that's about £450 😭 😭😭
I don't think it will ever be sold directly in the UK because of certification issues.

Latest posts

Back