I don't believe it!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to get back on topic, Facebook operates on a Fail-Fast policy. This means they will happily take risks that would be inconcievable to a Bank or telecoms company. Facebook have no problem meddling in their systems if it will improve their profit margin. There is no regulator, Zuck owns the controlling share so isn't answerable to anyone, and at the end of the day, as he insists himself, its just a social media platform...

FB can reach every part of the global community in minutes dominating news and opinion with almost immediate effect. They are able (maliciously or otherwise) to promote panic, banking crises, health scares etc. Their capacity for swift control exceeds that of governments.

Failure of a simple router gives no confidence that management are in complete control. Even were we to rely wholly upon the management, it has the potential to be mis-used.

We are horrified at the thought of biological or nuclear weapons under the control of a small group of unelected individuals. Global policies pursued by the west for the last 70 years have sought to restrict the spread - not entirely successfully (eg: N.Korea).

FB has the capacity to catastrophically disrupt global economies and well being to a similar extent Far too much power exists within the control of (ultimately) one individual.

Governments need to be very clear how to control this threat - break up the company, operate a kill switch, etc.

Governments need to be very clear how to control this threat - break up the company, operate a kill switch, etc.
Ditto the UK press and media.
The bigger threat is from the monopoly of the media by the right. They would like to monopolise FB too, in fact the biggest threat is that FB would sell out - to anybody.

Last edited:
Currently perhaps the bigger threat is from the monopoly of the media by the right? Can't help feeling that they would like to monopolise FB too, in fact the biggest threat is that FB would sell out - to anybody.

Well, isn’t fact checking is actually that?
I had several examples of “independent” fact checkers being wrong as some of them have information from the media, and they base opinions not on facts, but available media information.

Well, isn’t fact checking is actually that?
I had several examples of “independent” fact checkers being wrong as some of them have information from the media, and they base opinions not on facts, but available media information.
With respect, that doesn’t sound like you’re looking at very robust fact checkers.
Out of interest Greg what sources are you basing your opinions on?
You seem very sure of your take on things but other than posting one link to something that wasn’t about Covid you’ve not given anything other than opinion. But you seem very sure. What’s your process for assessing the validity of information?

With respect, that doesn’t sound like you’re looking at very robust fact checkers.
Out of interest Greg what sources are you basing your opinions on?
You seem very sure of your take on things but other than posting one link to something that wasn’t about Covid you’ve not given anything other than opinion. But you seem very sure. What’s your process for assessing the validity of information?
FB can reach every part of the global community in minutes dominating news and opinion with almost immediate effect. They are able (maliciously or otherwise) to promote panic, banking crises, health scares etc. Their capacity for swift control exceeds that of governments.

Failure of a simple router gives no confidence that management are in complete control. Even were we to rely wholly upon the management, it has the potential to be mis-used.

We are horrified at the thought of biological or nuclear weapons under the control of a small group of unelected individuals. Global policies pursued by the west for the last 70 years have sought to restrict the spread - not entirely successfully (eg: N.Korea).

FB has the capacity to catastrophically disrupt global economies and well being to a similar extent Far too much power exists within the control of (ultimately) one individual.

Most of fact checking done currently on government narrative are based on government statements, however those government official position change, fact checkers are not corrected any misleading checks.

I give you an example. Before I wax removed from FB 😆

I have posted that “Cov jabs” are not vaccine by definition, and from that very reason no one calls the jabs that way.
Fact checkers mark it as false, as “cov jabs might be not be by definition vaccine, but the are part of vaccination campaign, therefor my statement is false”.

Some months later PM told an official apology that he claimed cov jabs are vaccine, he wasn’t mistaken. My fact checkers we not bother to correct. That is an example.

Most of fact checking done currently on government narrative are based on government statements, however those government official position change, fact checkers are not corrected any misleading checks.

I give you an example. Before I wax removed from FB 😆

I have posted that “Cov jabs” are not vaccine by definition, and from that very reason no one calls the jabs that way.
Fact checkers mark it as false, as “cov jabs might be not be by definition vaccine, but the are part of vaccination campaign, therefor my statement is false”.

Some months later PM told an official apology that he claimed cov jabs are vaccine, he wasn’t mistaken. My fact checkers we not bother to correct. That is an example.

The Covid vaccine is a vaccine. In what way do you suggest it isn’t?

If you’re flogging the whole ‘vaccines should be 100% effective’ schtick as described in the link below, what’s the point in it? Vaccines have always not been 100% effective but that doesn’t stop them working (if everyone is vaccinated, even if not 100% effective it’s still enough to stop such high tranmission)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html

The Covid vaccine is a vaccine. In what way do you suggest it isn’t?

If you’re flogging the whole ‘vaccines should be 100% effective’ schtick as described in the link below, what’s the point in it? Vaccines have always not been 100% effective but that doesn’t stop them working (if everyone is vaccinated, even if not 100% effective it’s still enough to stop such high tranmission)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html

Please find out what is definition of vaccine and what it’s doing to a subject to after application.
Please compare it with mechanics of seasonal jabs, boosters, etc.

Then write misleading information 🙄

I wonder if a right-leaning person might have a differing view?
They certainly do!
Collage-of-a-number-of-front-pages-of-Daily-Mail-Daily-Express-and-The-Star-between.png

Please find out what is definition of vaccine and what it’s doing to a subject to after application.
Please compare it with mechanics of seasonal jabs, boosters, etc.

Then write misleading information 🙄

I have and I still don’t see your point. It’s a state I’m growing used to though.

I have and I still don’t see your point. It’s a state I’m growing used to though.

That sentence would make Joseph Goebbels giggle…. 🤯

You should never adjust the fact to a made up state. That will make facts not relevant anymore.

Latest posts

Back