I couldn't help but laugh!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife insisted we get away for a break - woodwork free she insisted - so I towed our caravan down to Somerset yesterday to find that the site swmbo had booked for us was less that 100m from Yandles wood and tool store!!

Sounds like she is leading you into temptation. Not your fault, and what else are you going to do in this bl@@dy weather ?

Pity you did not wait 'till september, could have spent longer there looking around the show.

Dodge":1cksli9o said:
My wife insisted we get away for a break - woodwork free she insisted - so I towed our caravan down to Somerset yesterday to find that the site swmbo had booked for us was less that 100m from Yandles wood and tool store!!

Well I might be taking the van down that way sometime this year please give us the name of the site.

Southfork Caravan Site at Martock - lovely little site And I would recommend it - very peaceful and right beside the river parrett for a spot of fishing.

Well this is proving to be an expensive holiday, my lad has spent my money in both Yandles and Axminster - his bench now has a nice new shoulder plane, marking and mortise gauges as well as some other bits - I got the receipts!!

Do you need an rude awakening Dodge , I can always beep up on the way to work tomorrow lol ..The river has a few fish but is mainly good for the trout , nothing big but a nice spot .

As for spending too much money there ......welcome to my world lol .

Well the fishing has been very good actually, bagged a nice 4lb brown trout and a couple of smaller browns about a lb each, along with loads of silver fish.

Glad you had some luck Dodge , if you head from the campsite to the bridge and cross over then walk right and follow the main river then cross over a small tributary and keep on walking you will eventually ( about ten mins) come to a weir , there is a deep pool at the head amd a small leet leading off the head , there are some good trout in the leets , this leet is a feed for the redundant mill further down . The river below the weir also contains some good pike , gets better towards kingsbury .

If you head upstream about 1/2 mile above the bridge there are some good pools especially one that has an old hamstone bridge over a mill pond which is a good known spot and the river above then runs about 2 foot deep and is a good sporting area . .....just beware of the crayfish .

Happy fishing .

im still a bit sad :cry: you didn't pop up the road to see your old mate! :lol:

we could have gone for another bromantic curry! :mrgreen:

adidat

Back