I am wearying of this 'updated' format on the Forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks:

How on earth do I tell someone I have what he is seeking, if I can't reply in the wanted section?

I can see no way to send a private message, unless someone sends me one! There must be a way of doing it, but where has the designer of the new Forum hidden the link? Is it a test? Is it someway of
filtering out the less capable of us?

MIKEG

I hope you see this! (Or could someone who can send PMs alert Mike? Pse?)

I have one of the chisels you seek, a 1960/70s Stanley Blue Chip. It's a good'n when I clean it up.
My son left it in the freezer! (Don't ask!)

Cheers

John

Click your name, top right; click Control Panel; click Private Messages; add the recipient's name in the blank bar and click Add; write a subject and then write the message; click Submit.

That should work?

Benchwayze":2shy5xcu said:
Folks:

How on earth do I tell someone I have what he is seeking, if I can't reply in the wanted section?

I can see no way to send a private message, unless someone sends me one! There must be a way of doing it, but where has the designer of the new Forum hidden the link? Is it a test? Is it someway of
filtering out the less capable of us?

MIKEG

I hope you see this! (Or could someone who can send PMs alert Mike? Pse?)

I have one of the chisels you seek, a 1960/70s Stanley Blue Chip. It's a good'n when I clean it up.
My son left it in the freezer! (Don't ask!)

Cheers

John
You need to PM the OP if you can find the PM button.

Pete

wanted-section-posting-notes-t67917.html

Located at the top of the Wanted section .

BTW it was the same format before the change of layout, although admittedly it was more obvious how to email or message someone.

Also anyone can PM or Email* any other member at any time from any post anywhere on the forum by simply clicking on the said persons Avatar and selecting the appropriate icon.
*if the member has enabled emailing in their user profile.

Thank you folks.

I tried clicking on the name, but just a message came up that I wasn't authorised to post on the forum, despite the fact I was logged in!

Anyhow it's been solved now and I found the button for PMs.

Thanks again everyone

John

R3KTPnH.gif

Click the photo not the name John.

Option 2 for pms. Some members have an email icon next to this envelope as well depending.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris.

I did get it eventually, but for sure, at one point, something was not working properly. It might be Windows 7 of course, as it's getting to be a bit slow in any case! But I am not going to upgrade 'til I have to. At my age it's hardly worth the bother! :D

Cheers

John (hammer)

Back