Quantcast

I am wearying of this 'updated' format on the Forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks:

How on earth do I tell someone I have what he is seeking, if I can't reply in the wanted section?

I can see no way to send a private message, unless someone sends me one! There must be a way of doing it, but where has the designer of the new Forum hidden the link? Is it a test? Is it someway of
filtering out the less capable of us?

MIKEG

I hope you see this! (Or could someone who can send PMs alert Mike? Pse?)

I have one of the chisels you seek, a 1960/70s Stanley Blue Chip. It's a good'n when I clean it up.
My son left it in the freezer! (Don't ask!)

Cheers

John

Chris152

Established Member
Reaction score
Click your name, top right; click Control Panel; click Private Messages; add the recipient's name in the blank bar and click Add; write a subject and then write the message; click Submit.

That should work?

Pete Maddex

Established Member
Reaction score
Benchwayze":2shy5xcu said:
Folks:

How on earth do I tell someone I have what he is seeking, if I can't reply in the wanted section?

I can see no way to send a private message, unless someone sends me one! There must be a way of doing it, but where has the designer of the new Forum hidden the link? Is it a test? Is it someway of
filtering out the less capable of us?

MIKEG

I hope you see this! (Or could someone who can send PMs alert Mike? Pse?)

I have one of the chisels you seek, a 1960/70s Stanley Blue Chip. It's a good'n when I clean it up.
My son left it in the freezer! (Don't ask!)

Cheers

John
You need to PM the OP if you can find the PM button.

Pete

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Click Mike's avatar or user name and you will have a PM and Email link option icons displayed

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
wanted-section-posting-notes-t67917.html

Located at the top of the Wanted section .

BTW it was the same format before the change of layout, although admittedly it was more obvious how to email or message someone.

Also anyone can PM or Email* any other member at any time from any post anywhere on the forum by simply clicking on the said persons Avatar and selecting the appropriate icon.
*if the member has enabled emailing in their user profile.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you folks.

I tried clicking on the name, but just a message came up that I wasn't authorised to post on the forum, despite the fact I was logged in!

Anyhow it's been solved now and I found the button for PMs.

Thanks again everyone

John

Bm101

Lean into the curve.
Reaction score

Click the photo not the name John.

Option 2 for pms. Some members have an email icon next to this envelope as well depending.

Cheers
Chris

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris.

I did get it eventually, but for sure, at one point, something was not working properly. It might be Windows 7 of course, as it's getting to be a bit slow in any case! But I am not going to upgrade 'til I have to. At my age it's hardly worth the bother! :D

Cheers

John (hammer)