I AM NEW....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEPPETTO

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I present about me...

I live in Vinci, Italy, The country which has seen the birth of "Leonardo da Vinci" naturally, and I am a lover of all that around wood. I love manual tools like planes, chisels, saws and so on. I am sure that this forum will be very profit for me. In a nearly future i will do some questions to you, and I hope will be slightly clearly because my scholastic language is very old.
Naturally I will provide my small experience about woodworking because I am very young ( speaking about wood, I am 37 yers old).

bye
Gabriele (geppetto)

.. oh only one thing.. my username is "geppetto" like the father of "pinocchio" one very famous italian story. Do you know it ??

Hi Gabriele,

Welcome to the site. Don't worry about your english, it looks a lot better than my Italian....

Noel

GEPPETTO":3jyliizk said:
Hello, I present about me...

(snip)

.. oh only one thing.. my username is "geppetto" like the father of "pinocchio" one very famous italian story. Do you know it ??

Hi Geppetto -

I think everybody nose that story.... :lol:

Sorry - couldn't resist...welcome!

Cheers -

Rob

Pleased to meet you Geppeti,
beware of any english ladies you might meet at this forum.

Arrevedechi ( or something like that)

Ciao Gabriele,
OK we are two now: what about to found a party ?
Cheers
Alberto

I think everybody nose that story.... :lol:

Strewth, Rob! In writing, too!

Welcome, Geppetto.

Best wishes.

SF

Gepetto, welcome aboard. I was lucky enough to visit Vinci a few years ago - a beautiful part of Italy. Also visited the Leonardo museum there :).

Pete

mantrakalas":t582pk8y said:
Ciao Gabriele,
OK we are two now: what about to found a party ?
Cheers
Alberto

Ciao Alberto,
I must to be grateful you if I have found this forum. It has been by an your answer to my one question in italian forum about "scrub plane"

Thanks
I hope we will meet again

Ciao Geppetto,

If you have trouble with the english language I suggest you get and English girl friend. :lol:

I remember back in the early 50's an Italian was employed by my father. Unfortunately the italian gentleman was unable to speak much English.
So when the telephone rang we would take delight in letting the italian answer the telephone, and when he asked us how to reply to a customers request, we used to relate some very naughty phrases which he would then repeat over the telephone.

Some of the ladies exploded.

If you have made head of tail of the above message and laughed you do not in my opinion have much to worry about as regards translation.

Welcome Geppetto,

Ask any question.......

......and i'll find someone who knows the answer :shock:

Rob, i'm sure the 'nose' gag will have helped Geppetto's
grammatical learning no end :roll: :lol: :wink:

TX

Back