• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I am getting shot of some woodwork stuff.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am starting to wind down and I have stuff I bought new, and never got around to fixing. or using.

For instance two sets of vice ironmongery I got from Axminster. I think York brand, and believe one was a face vice like the one Frank Klauz fitted to his big bench. (I think it's a continental design.) The other might be a tail vice.

This is heavy stuff, and I'd prefer anyone interested to come and collect. I live about two miles from Junction 7 M6) Beer tokens will suffice for price or maybe you make a contribution to your local Air-Ambulance.

Sound reasonable?

I will try to get my PC to recognise my mobile, and p;ost some pics.

Regards John

I have a message that Steve Maskery has replied.
I can see nothing here at all, but my original post!

Is a puzzlement!

John

Benchwayze":betuertl said:
OK Steve.
Not a problem.
Take care

John (hammer)

BTW, Do you have space for yet another bench! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish I did. I could do with re-making mine. It's been quite badly attacked by woodworm and it is also uncomfortably high for me these days. I've lost over and inch-and-a-half in height in recent years, and I can feel the difference.
:(

Steve,

I thought it was just me losing height! According to my service records, I was 6 feet and 1/4" in 1964. Now the NHS says I am 5'6". Back trouble, I was told, can have this effect. Don't know what else to blame it on.

As for woodworm, I don't think we have a defence other than Cedar wood. I just leave the spiders in my shop alone!

John

Hi Benchwayze

I am a bit confused now. Are those vices still available? I have a new bench and new home made vice which has not installed yet due to some issues with metalwork. I think these could be a good addition to my new bench .

Regards

Hi There. Smalmaleki

I am sorry about the delay.
I had an accident at home I'm afraid. My stair lift fell apart, with me strapped in it. Fortunately I wasn't moving so I just crashed into the balustrade and bruised me knees!

Yes the vice hardware is still available.

So let me know if you want pics, and I'll get some. done.

Cheers

John

John if you are struggling, email the pics to me & I'll post them for you.

Benchwayze":1j19i4eq said:
Hi There. Smalmaleki

I am sorry about the delay.
I had an accident at home I'm afraid. My stair lift fell apart, with me strapped in it. Fortunately I wasn't moving so I just crashed into the balustrade and bruised me knees!

Yes the vice hardware is still available.

So let me know if you want pics, and I'll get some. done.

Cheers

John

Hi John

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Thanks god you escaped with some bruisings only. My family and Inwill be having you in mind on our prays.

I would love to see some pics if possible.

Cheers

Saeid

Benchwayze":2mc1k8kh said:
OK Steve.
Not a problem.
Take care

John (hammer)

BTW, Do you have space for yet another bench! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is there a bench to pickup as well?? (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

No bench. Just the vice-hardware.

My bench is an old carpenter's bench and at 30" wide it's a bit of a beast to handle. I am thinking of replacing it, with a 'Little John', if I can still get one! I will just leave my old one on the drive, around Nov 5th this year! Lol!

Benchwayze":1d5eo9q6 said:
No bench. Just the vice-hardware.

My bench is an old carpenter's bench and at 30" wide it's a bit of a beast to handle. I am thinking of replacing it, with a 'Little John', if I can still get one! I will just leave my old one on the drive, around Nov 5th this year! Lol!

Haha
I only asked as you were asking if Steve has room for another one.

I am finding it difficult to find the best spot in the garage for my new bench( only 170cm * 67cm.

Under a window is probably the best for an amateur shop. If you have a window of course.

I like to work looking out of the garage, so no one coming in can startle me. So mine is against the wall, and up against the buttress, where the garage enters the main house. No movement or vibration at all. But it is too wide. and clouts me in the midriff. I f I lost some weight it would help when I bend over the vice! Or I could sell my planer thicknesser!

John

Good afternoon everybody

Can anybody see my messages?
I am not receiving any reply from my messages.
Just wondering if forum is working okay.

Cheers.

Saeid

Lonsdale73":wg51jg5j said:
Can see your posts, still can't see any photos of the items supposed to be up for sale!

What part of "I have had an accident" don't you comprehend?"
I would guess John is not feeling too great at the moment and creating photos is not a priority.

Back