• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I am getting shot of some woodwork stuff.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lurker":349dqhnb said:
I think he had sons who will be looking after him.
He is quite a resourceful bloke.
I found him very reasonable man. When I didn’t get any reply from him it made me a bit worried.
We will be praying for his wellbeing.

Regards.

John has a family so he should be fine.
I live about 5 miles away and he has my contact details so I’m sure he’ll shout if he needs a hand.

An apt quote of benchwayze:

Personality and attitude can be confused. My personality is who I am; my attitude depends on yours.

Lonsdale, please do me a huge favour and re-read this thread from the beginning. I suspect you are confusing John's 'failure' to post photos with Smalmaleki's query re his own posts aka "messages".

John's circumstances are presently unknown, but a stair fall is no fun for anyone.

Please keep this thread civil Lads.

Sam

Lonsdale73":252pi7yq said:
I read it through after lurker's ill-considered comment. He could have politely pointed out the OP had had an accident but he didn't, he made a choice - not for the first time either - to have a little go and post a snide remark......

The power to end this is in your hands. Click on the user's name that you don't like, then click on "add foe". You won't see his posts again, and can enjoy the rest of the forum without having to tolerate someone you've fallen out with.

MikeG.":3jxbe3c9 said:
Lonsdale73":3jxbe3c9 said:
I read it through after lurker's ill-considered comment. He could have politely pointed out the OP had had an accident but he didn't, he made a choice - not for the first time either - to have a little go and post a snide remark......

The power to end this is in your hands. Click on the user's name that you don't like, then click on "add foe". You won't see his posts again, and can enjoy the rest of the forum without having to tolerate someone you've fallen out with.

+1
Having met John a couple of times and knowing a little of his circumstances, his thread being turned into a slanging match is something of an insult given his “for sale” was essentially a give away.
If you want to swing handbags, start another thread.

Hi Folks..
I had no idea this thread had extended so much.

Anyhow to report! 8)

I am reasonably fine, but the fall had more effect on me than I thought. Most of it is mental to be honest; after 35 years in jobs where I couldn't waste time being a wuss, I am surprised at being suddenly nervous about using the stair-lift. (It's been fixed BTW.) Also my knees stiffened up a lot and the last few days have been a PITA, trying to get around the house. Thankfully my Granddaughter lives near so if I need any thing domestic taking care of, she is always there for me; my kids as well of course, but they live a good way away, so they get over two or three times a month. So I am not without support. (I'm also stepping up for transport. Having 'Sorned' my own car for a bit, I now ride in luxury in my son's Jag! Having a 'shaffueler' is great!

Thanks for all the supportive comments folks, and yes Glynne, I appreciate your proximity, and I will soon hail you if necessary. Just wait until the weather warms up properly! :D

Hopefully I'll be able to get in the shop and photograph the hardware in the next day or so.

Thanks again
John (hammer)

The vice hardware is like so; except it's black enamelled:

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-t ... rew-102475

I am personally delighted to hear about you. In my line of work I see too many nice gentleman with freak accident. That makes me nervous all the time.

Hi Smalmaleki,

I am sorry I've had to take so long over this.
I have been liaising with DPWP over my wife's care home fees; a b it of a job really! Fortunately now the matter is being sorted. It's just a matter of time.

If you look at the link I left in my post, (Axminster) you can see what the vice screws are like; except mine are painted black. They are pretty rugged bits of metal, and all you need to do is make a tommy-handle. Just let me know when you want to come for them, and I'll send you my address and directions. I will make sure I am in when you decide to come over.

As I said, just a donation to your local air-ambulance, and one of them is yours! Unless you want them both, although they are exactly the same!

Regards

John (hammer)

Hi John

I am sorry to hear all about your recent problems. You are such a gentleman. I know what a challenge is to deal with local governments over care arrangements. I had to attend couple of them on behalf of my patients.
Are those screws the same( tale vices). If so then one is enough for me. If there are two as per your original post I will take the front vise.

I can collect it on any weekend as it is convenient for you.

Best regards

Saeid

Hi Saeid

They are both front vices. Just three parts to them;
The screw, the travelling handle and the keeper that forces the jaws to move.
Simple to fit, and the screws should generate all the holding you need.
Next weekend will be fine; Saturday the best, as I visit my wife on Sundays. (As well as in the week of course!)

Regards

John (hammer)

Pleased to hear you're on the mend John and hope your wife gets the care and support she needs. The DPWP are never the easiest to deal with, they seem to have their very own language.

Take care and don't fall down any more stairs!

Bob

Back