I admit it, I'm an exhibitionist!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Last week I was asked by a friend of mine, who is an upcoming artist, if I could "fill the corners" of her next gallery exhibit in an Amsterdam park (Amstelpark). Of course I was delighted to help out and so was given the first opportunity to exhibit my work. Not only was I flattered by the public's response but I also sold four pieces (looks over shoulder for taxman)!!!! I hope the old man can see it all too ;-)))

Here are a few snaps of the event:

Cheers,

Mick

Duiker-expo5.jpg

Hi Andy,

Wow, you were quick, I was still posting the pics!

Thanks but I dont think I could fill the place just yet :lol: I will bring it up at the next club meeting though and perhaps we can have a club exhibit?

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Andy,

Please feel free to come in and share a coffee/glass of wine? It would be nice to meet up!
The exhibit is open for another two weeks from Thursday to Sunday. I will be there only at the weekend of course ;-)

Cheers,

Mick

Duiker wrote:

Not only was I flattered by the public's response but I also sold four pieces (looks over shoulder for taxman)!!!!

If things get out of hand you might have to move to Ireland where, as an artist :shock: you can earn €250K pa (Used to be unlimited) before being taxed :p

adrian why dont the chippys and joiners call the selves artists it wont half save on the tax :wink: :wink:

nice work mick when will you be opening your own gallery ?? :D :D

frank

Certainly pieces to be proud of Mick the old man would have been (maybe still is) telling everybody about it.

I must admit the romance of it all (and the thought of 250k pa!) could get me carried away although I dont think I would enjoy turning so much if I had to pay the bills doing it! What would you have to turn to make decent money anyway???? Some pieces do command good money but you need punters and the sort of thing I make is just "objet d'art".

Thanks for the kind comments guys, it means more than you could know. :D

I'm off to finish the pickled eggs now (cant find them here so make my own), anyone fancy one?

Cheers,

Mick

Fantastic Mick, must be a great feeling seeing your lovely work on display like that

Back