Humerous posts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jam.png

I mix my tea with an electric paddle mixer. If the power tool exists, why not use it?
Just another 'hand mixing vs power tool mixing' debate again. Sheesh.

It's the cream first people who are heathens!

The sensible solution is cream first, it makes sense from an engineering point of view. Jam on first, the cream slides off when you bite into it, very poor engineering.

The sensible solution is cream first, it makes sense from an engineering point of view. Jam on first, the cream slides off when you bite into it, very poor engineering.

Just after I posted that I thought about it and realised I put the cream on first :LOL:

I'm a coffee drinker, but do enjoy a cup of strong tea from time to time. However, I drink my coffee and tea black, no sugar. When we were on holiday a last year in Cornwall, we stopped at a tea shop for cream tea. I don't use jam or cream on my scones, just as I don't use ketchup on my chips. The young lady serving us insisted we eat our scones with jam and cream. To humor her, I scooped up a large spoonful of strawberry jam and mixed it with the cream before spreading the mixture on half of my scone. She told us later she wanted to see if tourists were cream first, or jam first. I think I am now on the No Cream Tea list in the UK.

I'm a coffee drinker, but do enjoy a cup of strong tea from time to time. However, I drink my coffee and tea black, no sugar. When we were on holiday a last year in Cornwall, we stopped at a tea shop for cream tea. I don't use jam or cream on my scones, just as I don't use ketchup on my chips. The young lady serving us insisted we eat our scones with jam and cream. To humor her, I scooped up a large spoonful of strawberry jam and mixed it with the cream before spreading the mixture on half of my scone. She told us later she wanted to see if tourists were cream first, or jam first. I think I am now on the No Cream Tea list in the UK.
Well that’s different, but you fall between two very opposing sides there and are probably going to be attacked by both, ha ha
The cream slides off the jam argument is baloney of course and how could you reduce the cream to just a filling between jam and scones is a complete anathema to me, the consistency of jam compared to cream means that it has to go underneath, the cream would deform when you try and put jam on it, also the aesthetic‘s are are that the white should go on top of the red. Seems blindingly obvious to me, by the way I don’t stir my tea I whisk it, goes back to when I took sugar. Ian

I think you should just be grateful you're still alive after that massacre. They probably still recount the tale to this day... the horror!

Well that’s different, but you fall between two very opposing sides there and are probably going to be attacked by both, ha ha
The cream slides off the jam argument is baloney of course and how could you reduce the cream to just a filling between jam and scones is a complete anathema to me, the consistency of jam compared to cream means that it has to go underneath, the cream would deform when you try and put jam on it, also the aesthetic‘s are are that the white should go on top of the red. Seems blindingly obvious to me, by the way I don’t stir my tea I whisk it, goes back to when I took sugar. Ian

Clearly an uneducated fellow who has never tried it the proper and sensible way.

Back