humax hdr fox T2 1TB

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Spent the whole day installing and setting up this new video recorder.

You know the problem reading an 80 page manual and trying to remember which button to use etc.

Anyone guide me how to set up the tv/humax internet portal. I havent got a clue re wireless router set up and connection to the humax (Ive got the dongle)

send pm if you like with your telephone number and I can ring.

:lol: :lol: Can't help you DW

I've had a Humax 9300 for 12 months and still don't know how to work the bloody thing properly (except for the basic functions) :oops:

You think you have problems? We've bought a Panasonic 3D smart TV and blu-ray player. I've left that to the missus - the manual even just for the 3D glasses is rediculous.

Bob

Yes I know what you mean, I got a brain message at 02.00 this morning to switch the hdmi lead to another connection and I am going to try it shortly. :wink:

If you're getting a picture on the TV screen using an hdmi lead then that shoud be ok and not affect the network settings.

Have a look at the following - you may get some useful info.

http://myhumax.org/
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-fox-t ... ongle.127/
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/humax-hdr ... able.1143/

Unfortunately Humax don't put their user manual on line which makes it difficult to give any specific help. Basically you've got to go to the network configuration page(s) of the Humax and then configure the SSID (network name) and any encryption your network uses with the relevant network key configured into your system.

The problem of user manuals (or lack of) seems to be quite prevalent. We just got a new TV and there is only a basic install manual printed, the main user manual is built into the TV itself.

Misterfish

Yes the HDMI cable is the main connector from the Humax to the TV.
So this will be dependent on your TV settings - generally Input 1?
I have mine connected using the Devolo Powerline Sockets - they create an internal LAN using the ring mains.
Using the Dongle you have to go into Settings, System, Internet Settings.
It should pick up your Router and ask for its Password?
Job done hopefully?

Rod

Thanks, hdmi cable system sorted. (I am getting reception without using a scart or aerial connected to the tv)

1. Get Lan network disconnected message. (not wanting to use a cable connection to the Humax.)

2, Configure Wi.Fi when at Humax gets a name which is the laptops identity(which gets its internet via the wireless router) and will not recognise my usual password or the router default password.

I do not understand network, do I need to go to network in my pc control panel and create a user for the humax or something?

(Back after lunchtime today)

Hi DW

That shouldn't be any different from the smart tv or the blu-ray player we have.

The tv has a wifi dongle which we can also use on the player if wished and assuming your wifi router is in range (very important) the humax should find and identify it after which you need to enter the SSID number on back of the router and hey presto.
In the unlikely event the router isn't found (remember must be in range) you might have to search and enter details manually.

Bob

Lons":vvtolzff said:
Hi DW

That shouldn't be any different from the smart tv or the blu-ray player we have.

The tv has a wifi dongle which we can also use on the player if wished and assuming your wifi router is in range (very important) the humax should find and identify it after which you need to enter the SSID number on back of the router and hey presto.
In the unlikely event the router isn't found (remember must be in range) you might have to search and enter details manually.

Bob

.I havent got a SSID number on my sumvision router, I have got MAC or WPSpin numbers, I will investigate further.

Thanks

Back