Humax gloat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Purchased a Humax HDR FOX T2 1TB recorder and after three days I am pleased to write a review.

There is a learning curve setting up these type of toys and perhaps I took longer than some but I am finding the purchase worthwhile.

Around 300 to 500 recording hours and two programs can be set to record same time.

Plus there is a facility to get into I/player via the internet which the Humax can be connected.

High definition channels are also available, although my aerial might not be up to the standard required because I do get some intermittant break up at times. (might be the high pressure weather system we are experiencing at the present time, it used to do it with annalogue down here)

Just the one hdmi lead and the external aerial plus a dongle together with mains in seem to be all the leads required.

There is a front usb 2 location which excepts a usb stick and jpeg, mp3 and others can be viewed on the tv screen easily with remote controller navigation.

The Hunax TV portal was the intended reason for purchasing a new recorder, it does connect to the internet and some of the apps. available are UTube, I/player, Flicker, Picassa and wiki and some others.
The internet setup did give me some headaches of my own making as it turned out but others might get that set up easily. (I had not used the router setup disk and was working the router on a plug and play basis without a proper install)

Utube is much the same basis of connection as a PC, type in a title of your requirement and just press play.
I/player was the same.
Picassa I have not cracked yet, it went and asked me for password and I did a bunk for the time being on that one.
Never used flicker before so will have to investigate what thats all about.

I purchased from a Firm called Peter Tyson in Cumbria because they gave a 3 year warranty and also purchasing off the net means I could have returned all equipment if I wanted to back out with current legislation, (plus credit card)

So there you are, I am an expert after four days, (just got to sort out that password for Picassa and whoa! I have got around 25000 pics on there, so will have all my photoalbums from the 1930's from my armchair.

Plus the usual freeview channels (there is a Sat version)

We bought one of the smaller Humax PVR's about 2 months ago, as we did not want to give Mr I will hack your phone Murdoch anymore money.

Bought it from Humax direct as they do a graded version which is either discontinued stock or repaired returns at the fraction of the price.

They only have 1 years warranty but I worked out that even if it packed up after 13 months I could still by another and be better off.

So far I have been very please with it.

So +1 for Humax.

Tom

We've had a Humax for many years probably from when they first came out - great machines and a Which Best Buy.
Upgraded to the HDR version a few months ago ready for our Digital Switch Over and HD.
Very rarely watch live TV - record the ones we want and never watch adverts! :))

Rod

My model gives the opportunity to press the green button if one of those annoying BBC trailers are on between their programs and it will set a reminder or record set up at the touch of the button if you want the program later in the week.

Definitely better than a Sony recorder we have had as a standby in another room

+1 for Humax - had one for donkey's.
Really easy to use, quick to find stuff, (though we have had one hard disk fail due to excessive recording and deleting, etc - which even on a Mac would trouble the hard disk)

Having said all the above, I never actually get to use it - either SWMBO, the kids, workshop or this bl@*&y forum keep me off the sofa!

Decent machines.
We have 2 Humax 9300T PVRs (his & hers :roll: ) about 18 months without problems though swimbo prefered the Topfield PVR she had previously.

I don't subscribe to SKY either but there's b****r all on freeview. We recently changed the main TV to a 50" Panasonic plasma / 3D / smart and a 3d blu-ray but a waste of time. I read that wimbledon and some of the olympics are being transmitted in 3D but found out later that our region can't get it until 26th September #-o :x ....and there are no decent 3D films available either :?

The tv portal on my model is quite an advantage, I use the utube, havent got into picassa yet or the others.

I have been watching some of the live Beatles during the 60's (dont they look young) and for those other fans I shall go and look for The Vienna Philharmonic performances of previous new years etc. etc.

Latest posts

Back