Huge, but fascinating Scroll Saw !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an amazing machine, I would have thought that without a lower blade clamp the blades would crumple? The thing that struck me was that they have made a really sophisticated machine but then just attached a bog standard electric drill to the side, one would have thought that for a machine so sophisticated it would be equipped with a bespoke drilling attachment!

Makes even Hegner look like a toy! :)

Hegner may be at the top end of amateur/home use saws but if you do a search for industrial machines you'll find a whole different world out there :) No doubt with prices to match!

RogerP":1k1ttlu7 said:
Hegner may be at the top end of amateur/home use saws but if you do a search for industrial machines you'll find a whole different world out there :) No doubt with prices to match!
Absolutely Roger and I dread to think of the price of that particular saw !

I think the blade is clamped from below - but automatically, on threading. Nice.

There's certainly a reciprocating part visible below the table, which only makes sense if there a blade end being held. And there's a phrase in the captions "Auto Chucker" that otherwise makes no sense.

Did everyone notice that the table is an air table?

But the part he's cutting is trivial!

BugBear

Just came across this old post about industrial saws.this is a Chinese one .
The ones used in the uk were for cutting formes which required great accuracy,the machines in common use were made by Nottings of London,Sandvik from Sweden and ja Richards of the USA.There are 3 nottings on eBay this week,1with a 4 foot throat!!!!!
You will need a big workshop for one of these!
some of them were fitted with drills on the top arm and a circular saw on a rise and fall system

Latest posts

Back