Huds Haul - I managed to get to a car boot.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Well She wanted to go to the car boot and I said if Im going its early 5-6am so I can get in before the dealers etc get the best bargins. Well I didn't get to sleep til gone 4 so we didn't get to the car boot till 8-9.

Any how I came home with this lot:

4x Solid Rubber wheels with plastic hubs. About 8" - £1 each
IMAG0030.jpg

Get of imperial HSS drill bits. Tin is stamped with Mechanics Drill bits but inside are a range of brands including dorma. Picked these up as im running low on HSS drill bits but don't have any imperial - £1.50
IMAG0031.jpg

In fact used one today, cut really fast.

Robert Sorby marking gauge. Its a newer one but still has brass inserts, shame about the plastic peg but for £1.50 a bargin.
IMAG0032.jpg

Small 4" caliper. It has a name but I forget it, its from the USA. Its nice, solid and smooth but the points need a bit of a grind. - £1
IMAG0033.jpg

1/4" Ferm router. Will do nicely for a duplicating machine I plan to build for some gun parts. Guy wanted £25 but with no accessories, incomplete and no collet I got him down to £15
IMAG0034.jpg

Craft brad nailer. Quite impressed with this, didn't expect to much but I noticed while looking at it, it had a small firing pin. True to my thoughts/hopes its firing into whitewood without leaving a mark. £10
IMAG0035.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 262
Hi, Hudson

You did better than me all I got was a 2" Record G cramp, which one did you go to? I wet to the calverton one.

Pete

There was a Record G clamp but missing its foot so past. It was the one on Hucknall Bypass. Strange as it is my first ever router was brought from there as well some many years ago.

Nice work Hud! I'd imagine that there are some gems at that fair early as you planned.

Try it once...see the difference! :wink: You need to trust me on this one.

I promised her indoors that I would "assist" with the stall this week so no bargains for me at all...but the huge old radio that I got a couple of weeks back for 50p sold for £20...the little Satellite Airband sold for £5, the Dremel table saw made £40 and a few other bits another £10...so NEXT week....she can do the stall herself. I'm off to get the tools! :mrgreen:

Jimi

You southern guys do make me feel envious! Up here, it's tacky ornaments and kiddies toys by the lorryload, the odd stall of saltwater rusted stuff off the rigs and that's about it.
Still, did manage to get a pair of Indespension units yesterday to replace those on my small trailer for the princely sum of £1, which just about made it worthwhile.
And now it's snowing.....................

Back