HTC HTC2000 Universal Mobile Base

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawdust Producer":3rsn8pvz said:
I do believe that Brimarc has stopped importing them.

Good thing too if you ask me. I think this is a horrible mobile base. Designed by an silly person if you ask me. The aluminium levers are too short, and yet they and the associated castors stick out too far, so you are always damaging your feet around them. There is a natural tendency to lift each corner separately to reduce the load so that the inadequate levers can cope and I then worry about distorting whatever the darned thing is supposed to support.

They belong in a skip.

Sawdust Producer":2ta28rh5 said:
Hi all where in the Uk can I now purchase the
HTC HTC2000 Universal Mobile Base
If it is going on something small it isn't too bad a mobile base. I use one on my floor-standing mortiser. Too much flex to it I would imagine for something larger or heavier.

As an alternative, Axminster do the 'Axminster Mobile Base Kit' MMBWFL at just over £30. If you ignore the instructions and thickness the timber for a snug fit to the metal bits it is a very sturdy mobile base. I use mine with a bandsaw and would recommend it.

Regards,
Col.

Chris":2o722lii said:
They belong in a skip.

I nearly started a topic the other day to say exactly the same thing. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I have three - one for the bandsaw, which helpfully cants it at a ridiculous angle when fixed. One under my EB P/T which has to be wedged to stop it sliding whenever any large piece of timber gets pushed through it. And one under my Sheppach 2500 which is fine becuase I move my TS about once every 6 months.

Awful, awful, awful, awful pieces of kit.(hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

Has anyone got a good solution to allow a bandsaw to be mobile but not raise the height and also allow it to be stable in use?

Feel much better now. :D

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

I made a new base for my EB315 bandsaw. Did away with the angle iron legs and now have a 3 draw cabinet with locking wheels under it. Made it so the table is the same height as on the supplied stand. The saw lives against the wall about 5' from a corner, if I need to cut a long board I wheel it out in to the middle of the shop.

I am thinking about making a wheeled base for my Wadkin saw, not sure how this will look as it needs to be quite beefy to stand the cast iron on it.

Dave

Is the base much wider than the BS? My concern (beyond those already expressed re HTC base) was that any wheeled stand would still have quite a small footprint with a tall and heavy machine on top of it, thereby making it prone to tipping. Do you find this to be a prob?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim, I also have an HTC2000 - fitted to my BS350.

I improved things a little by fitting a ply base the HTC2000 but its still not very stable.

John

woodshavings":1gywe7af said:
I improved things a little by fitting a ply base the HTC2000 but its still not very stable.

I've already done that - but as you say, doesn't help much.

Cheers

T

This is the one I use for two of my machines. One is the JWBS-18 and one is the large planer (thicknesser).

D2058 SHOP FOX® Super Heavy-Duty Mobile Base
http://www.shopfox.biz/mobile.aspx

It's down towards the bottom.

For the BS it keeps it pretty low (too low if small cut-offs are about). With the two corner screw-down type levelers engaged it is very stable. I put mine together slightly different than they show as regards my bandsaw for a wider footprint.

I think I paid under $50 US for the one for the BS, the other came with the planer. I can't make it as well (time/materials) that cheap.

Mr Bump":3srxshgr said:
As an alternative, Axminster do the 'Axminster Mobile Base Kit' MMBWFL at just over £30. If you ignore the instructions and thickness the timber for a snug fit to the metal bits it is a very sturdy mobile base. I use mine with a bandsaw and would recommend it.

Regards,
Col.

I've got two of these kits on E-bay at the moment if you're interested. One brand new still in the original box. The other used. Getting rid of them as separates gone and they won't lift the Felder.

Why don't you go down to your local metal fabricators with some castors from machine mart,explain what you want the mobile base for and get them to make you one?.I have just made one at work out of 6mm plate steel and its etremely ridgid and took about half an hour to make.
For my band saw I just welded two angled metal skids to the bottom of the stand with two wheels which only come into contact with the ground when you use the frame of the saw to tip it back onto the wheels(a bit like a sack truck).Its totally stable and you can turn it on the spot.

Funnily enough I've one of these http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPro ... 1,0,0,1|6|

Its cheaper, and (as far as I can see) loads better!

DKL36.jpg

Adam

Latest posts

Back