How's Your Geography?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, Argee, I enjoyed that!

I didn't do 0-level geog. We had to do History or Geography or both. I disliked the Geog teacher more than I disliked the History teacher.

Although I am quite well-traveled my spacial awareness of where I have been to is quite poor!

Good fun.

PS I've been to, at the last count, 28 countries. Who can beat that? :)
S

Terrible. History and English were my topics, tho I never completed school.

Steve Maskery":3ermszbk said:

I didn't do 0-level geog. We had to do History or Geography or both. I disliked the Geog teacher more than I disliked the History teacher.

Although I am quite well-traveled my spacial awareness of where I have been to is quite poor!

Good fun.

S

Excuses excuses, but what was your score?

I got 2105, but was foxed in round 3 by Catania (Sicily) and clicked NE Spain (Catalonia) instead. 600 odd miles out on that one - ouch!

MarkW":1pfc0tmp said:

Er, I didn't take note, although I admit I got the same ones as you mixed up, and I've been to both!

At the risl of pointing this bit of fun into a political direction, I'm now thinking that I don't want to go anywhere ever again. The carbon cost is huge and we either get burgled whilst we are away or I get robbed abroad.

I'm going to do a Florence Nightingale and go to bed and stay there fo 40 years.

S

MarkW":ce73z3i1 said:
Steve Maskery":ce73z3i1 said:

Good fun.

S

I got 2105, but was foxed in round 3 by Catania (Sicily) and clicked NE Spain (Catalonia) instead. 600 odd miles out on that one - ouch!

13500 or so :oops: :oops:

Roger, you lickle liar, you! There aren't that many countries in the world!
:)
S
Edited to make "counties" read "countries", which is what I meant originally, and which rather wrecks the joke!

Steve Maskery":lijbkm47 said:
Roger, you lickle liar, you! There aren't that many counties in the world!
S

Actually I missed a zero off! This was over all three levels...but this score pales into insignificnce compared with the highest score on the website of around 500000 IIRC! Some of my locations were pretty damn close...21 miles or so. So ..nah..nah..ni..nah..nah :D :wink: :shock:

RogerS":32r46fpm said:
Steve Maskery":32r46fpm said:
S

Actually I missed a zero off! This was over all three levels...but this score pales into insignificnce compared with the highest score on the website of around 500000 IIRC! Some of my locations were pretty damn close...21 miles or so. So ..nah..nah..ni..nah..nah :D :wink: :shock:

Must be some fibbing or nefarious deeds going on here then. There's only 5 questions in each of 3 rounds, with 1000, 2000, and 3000 points per destination available. Highest possible score is therefore 30,000 - or am I missing something?

I thought there were supposed to be red spots in Europe to choose from?
And it tells me I got 18,000 plus?
Summat wrong there. I missed London by 10.0 miles! :)

MarkW":2pwus3ik said:
RogerS":2pwus3ik said:
Steve Maskery":2pwus3ik said:
S

Must be some fibbing or nefarious deeds going on here then. There's only 5 questions in each of 3 rounds, with 1000, 2000, and 3000 points per destination available. Highest possible score is therefore 30,000 - or am I missing something?

Brain fade...maybe there wasn't a missing zero. It was late!

26740 this time....must have got my brain truly scrambled last time.

Back