How would you rate the UK's handling of this pandemic?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1611748048129.png

@selectortone do you definitely fall into the expendable category?

I previously asked you if there were any statistics that would show our governments handling of this situation in a favourable light.

You did reply, but, like a politician - with a lot of words and no actual answer to the question.

I didn't mention it at the time, as I saw little point in doing so, but now that you are quoting me again, might I ask again, please?

How about the 1.6 million people who had covid and didn't die? You almost seem dissapointed they survived! Let alone those who have not been affected.

Excess deaths longer term will be where the data is most evident. We will have had excess deaths last April.

How do you feel about the 30k excess non covid deaths?

Last edited:
No its shows your ignorance of British history and the use of the British army as a tool of subjugation of the British population and your ignorance of the rules of English usage vis a vie grammar and syntax.

I'll leave your semi flaccid fantasies about the army to yourself. You probably think you sound clever mentioning syntax but just pompous. When have we had martial law in the UK?

Ever heard of Peterloo or the battle of Suchiehall street or Bloody Sunday or any of the other dozen occassions the army was used to fire on kill and suppress the civillian population. I suggest you go read the meaning of the word ignorance and learn english syntax in order that you can recognise when someone is pointing out where you are incorrect about something and is not actually trying to insult you and hopefully preventing your own kneejerk attempt at an insult as you have done here.

I would suggest you wallow in your own semi flaccid fantasies regarding politics and world affairs rather than play with the grown ups

I was thinking about just what the kids are missing out on at the moment, for kids doing GCSE's it's the above, just a general all round knowledge of general subjects.
Basic science, history, volcanisity, glaciation, european history and geography, Maths, english and books for literature which stick in your mind, the basics of knowledge forthe rest of their lives, very sad state of affairs.

0.5 million vaccines per day, like or loath the government, something is going right.
Feel free to knock the gov't and say it's the NHS or someone else, but for me I don't care all I want to see is high numbers. Whoever is in control of this is doing a good job.
Sure someone will be along explaining that X person in charge would have tripled it by now, or they know granny whatsymecally who's 99 with 6 co mortality illnesses .............. but life is full of pessimists, being 2nd or 3rd in the world for vaccine doses cannot be a bad thing. Some will, unfortunately politics and opinions are binary and not blended these days.

I really am delighted that generally the program for innoculation seems to be going very very well.

I think you put that very well Bob, hit the nail on the head.
I think posts like this make a more healthy forum.

Ever heard of Peterloo or the battle of Suchiehall street or Bloody Sunday or any of the other dozen occassions the army was used to fire on kill and suppress the civillian population. I suggest you go read the meaning of the word ignorance and learn english syntax in order that you can recognise when someone is pointing out where you are incorrect about something and is not actually trying to insult you and hopefully preventing your own kneejerk attempt at an insult as you have done here.

I would suggest you wallow in your own semi flaccid fantasies regarding politics and world affairs rather than play with the grown ups

These were all isolated incidents, to placate protest or riots in small geographical points of conflict where police were non existent or unable to control the situation. They were not used as a blanket tool for conforming the whole populace under duress. There is a massive difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
These were all isolated incidents, to placate protest or riots in small geographical points of conflict where police were non existent or unable to control the situation. They were not used as a blanket tool for conforming the whole populace under duress. There is a massive difference.

I suggest you get your head out of your a.rse

Shooting and killing innocent people in the street is a means to "placate protest"? Is that what you really think? What's a "small geographical point of conflict"?
So Bloody Sunday was an isolated case, no it wasn't.

Shooting and killing innocent people in the street is a means to "placate protest"? Is that what you really think? What's a "small geographical point of conflict"?

Well done Noel, it had to be said.

The "Troubles" were the best Urban unrest training ground any military force could hope for, so a few people died in the process, obviously seen as acceptable by some. The knowledge obtained could be exploited in many ways, for much profit. Don't believe a government could be so callous, let alone the one we have now?

"Three judges said that a decision made in secret in 2016 had led them to decide that Boris Johnson, Jeremy Hunt and Liam Fox and other key ministers had illegally signed off on arms exports without properly assessing the risk to civilians".
"Despite a UK court in June 2019 ordering an end to arms exports to Saudi Arabia that could be used in Yemen, the government has twice admitted to "accidentally" (sorry inadvertent breaches) licensing weapons to the kingdom".

"Accidentally"? perhaps they should have been more honest, helping to "Placate protest" perhaps? Politicians who place civilians and service personnel in situations where atrocity's are committed should be the ones who receive the largest prison sentences.

Oh right so those events were martial law were they to keep the whole of the populace under control? Get a grip.

I'm not the one advocating the army in order to "control" the population from Covid. As I said before we don't do it in the UK and its not going to happen beyond a few army fantasists

Oh right so those events were martial law were they to keep the whole of the populace under control? Get a grip.

I'm not the one advocating the army in order to "control" the population from Covid. As I said before we don't do it in the UK and its not going to happen beyond a few army fantasists

Maybe just address the points I made about your post? How is shooting placating a protest?
What's a "small geographical point of conflict"?

They were not used as a blanket tool for conforming the whole populace under duress

80% of people approve of the govt restrictions.

Your claim of "under duress" is untrue.

Most people understand there is a need for collective action.....just a minority that can't handle being told what to do.

How do you feel about the 30k excess non covid deaths?

Without lockdown, infection rates would've been higher, NHS would've been more overloaded and even more non Covid departments would've been out of action.....resulting in higher non Covid deaths.

So you are making a false argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back