How would you rate the UK's handling of this pandemic?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every wave had reached it's peak before lockdown started, governments own data shows this. You could argue this means the lockdown should have been started earlier (depends on your politics) but you cannot argue that the lockdown was necessary to lower the infection rate if it had already peaked.

Which one of our 3 lockdowns worked?
Based on what criteria?

By the way the UK has never had a full lockdown....that's an overly simplistic binary argument.

The UK has used a variety of non pharmaceutical interventions, non of which add up to complete lockdown.

We are not in a pandemic now. It is now an endemic virus. Its nothing to do with pence in my pocket - I have done very well out of it thanks. But a lot of people I know have not and they will suffer more and I care more about those lives than you.

We did actually apply my theory to all diseases before Covid. Health economists make decisions all the time.

Lockdowns do not work. You need to be at least slightly capable of looking at the longer term impact of the lockdown. Just a tiny bit.

Here's a handy note for you to distinguish all those 'emic terms:

• AN EPIDEMIC is a disease that affects a large number of people within a community, population, or region.
  • A PANDEMIC is an epidemic that’s spread over multiple countries or continents.
  • ENDEMIC is something that belongs to a particular people or country.
  • AN OUTBREAK is a greater-than-anticipated increase in the number of endemic cases. It can also be a single case in a new area. If it’s not quickly controlled, an outbreak can become an epidemic.

That isn't a reputable site. I want proper statistical sites not signalling out individuals

covidfaq.co has well-referenced rebuttals; you can drill down to your heart's content.
I do think it is appropriate to name/shame some individuals who aare promulgating demonstrable falsehoods in their own interests. Gupta being the most obvious. The site works through those issues and points to peer-reviewed evidence.

A huge amount of people dying of covid are over the average age of death for this country. A huge amount are in care homes. Care homes are a place people send old people because generally they can't look after themselves and they don't want to look after them. You can dress it up how you want.

A huge amount of elderly people are relied upon to administer the covid injections too.....
but I suppose you will refuse to have it given to you by someone that is over the age of death in this country?
Right?

I'd be interested as to how prominent scientists in well respected universities going against the media narrative would be benefiting? As far as I can see this will only be damaging to their careers and many seem to either want to go with the established narrative or just keep quiet.

I can understand being sceptical about what a journalist or commentator says, that's fine but a professor at Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford, Harvard, they aren't exactly where nutters tend to get jobs are they?

Lockdowns do not work. You need to be at least slightly capable of looking at the longer term impact of the lockdown. Just a tiny bit.

I would probably agree with looking at the long term affects but for the fact that lockdown is global.
Every country will suffer the same financial and economic hardship.
Every child that has lost education time will be in the same boat globally.

You talk about thinking about the longer term impact of the virus....
You haven't even scratched the surface with your argument, and if you haven't done that, how can you recommend any way forward or ask folk to consider being capable of looking at the future?

One things for sure the next generations will have more opportunities that you think.

A huge amount of elderly people are relied upon to administer the covid injections too.....
but I suppose you will refuse to have it given to you by someone that is over the age of death in this country?
Right?

What are you talking about? You are claiming the resident of a care home now starts doing injections? I don't think may 83 year olds work do they?

covidfaq.co has well-referenced rebuttals; you can drill down to your heart's content.
I do think it is appropriate to name/shame some individuals who aare promulgating demonstrable falsehoods in their own interests. Gupta being the most obvious. The site works through those issues and points to peer-reviewed evidence.

Covidfaq isn't a proper source. Its a chilidish "takedown" of other points of view which are very valid

Sunetra Gupta is a very well established professional.

I would probably agree with looking at the long term affects but for the fact that lockdown is global.
Every country will suffer the same financial and economic hardship.
Every child that has lost education time will be in the same boat globally.

You talk about thinking about the longer term impact of the virus....
You haven't even scratched the surface with your argument, and if you haven't done that, how can you recommend any way forward or ask folk to consider being capable of looking at the future?

One things for sure the next generations will have more opportunities that you think.

No every child has not lost education time. Every country will not suffer equally.

When will you be happy to lift lockdown? How many deaths a day are acceptable to you? 0?

Good luck with that one!

No every child has not lost education time. Every country will not suffer equally.

When will you be happy to lift lockdown? How many deaths a day are acceptable to you? 0?

Good luck with that one!

You still don't get it.
So
I'll graciously bow out of this conversation.

Covidfaq isn't a proper source. Its a chilidish "takedown" of other points of view which are very valid

Also, there are still professors at respected universities that deny climate change. In both cases the overwhelming consensus of the scientific community is against them. Gupta is pretty much ridiculed for pursuing a personal and political agenda from her professional platform.

Also, there are still professors at respected universities that deny climate change. In both cases the overwhelming consensus of the scientific community is against them. Gupta is pretty much ridiculed for pursuing a personal and political agenda from her professional platform.

They probably don't deny that the climate changes - it always has done.

They may well be denying the predicted impact of it. What about the those academics who pushed the hockey stick graph?

are they really getting people aged 82+ to give injections, I've not heard this before.

Scraping the barrel there with Gupta, the very bottom of the barrel.

Out of curiosity are you anti mask, anti vax, anti lockdown, climate change denier and pro Brexit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back