How would you rate the UK's handling of this pandemic?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And while your at it they might as well have the plug pulled on their life support. ?
If your going to "Think It", you might as well do it properly

Another unnecessary attack that in no way represents what I have just said. :rolleyes:

I have found, for what it's worth, that younger people have tended to be rather blase about covid 19.
Many would rather believe the stuff from disinformation sites.
hence the anti vaccination support.
To actually have a mind set which indicates they don't trust the establishment is a worrying situation.
The depth of feeling in some of the posts here indicate that there is little empathy for the older age groups.
So if it's acceptable to wipe out the elderly and think nothing of it, what do these people actually think about their own elderly parents?
Do they despise society and the establishment so much they would let their own parents be treated in the way they describe here?

Going by the number of people Rorschach has riled up, I'd say most have have got that impression from him. I get the impression your thoughts are similar, maybe that's why you haven't noticed?

Cheers, Vann.

I think it just shows how many people live in a comfortable little fantasy world where they don't consider the tough aspects of life. I don't blame them, the vast majority of the country live like that, it's a post WW2 thing because by and large life has been good and only got better since then.

I know when this first started and I having conversations with people I would ask them how many people die in this country per year, the answers I got were in the 10's of thousands, basically most thought that at worst a couple of hundred people died per day. They were horrified to learn it was nearly 2000 a day on average and instead of saying "wow I new knew that" their reaction was "that's awful, how can we stop it!?". Going forward though I think the whole country will gain a new attitude once the real pain starts setting in. We would have noticed sooner if a few journo's had suffered.

Do they despise society and the establishment so much they would let their own parents be treated in the way they describe here?

How have I described they should be treated? I'll say it AGAIN. The elderly should protect themselves (if they want to) and should be helped if needed. What is so difficult about that? Is that an awful thing to want?

Seriously chaps get a grip, these posts are not doing you any favours.

Last few pages are shining a bad light on all off you.

Last edited:
I try to put a wanted post up for a spincast machine or similar but can’t see a new post button?

I have found, for what it's worth, that younger people have tended to be rather blase about covid 19.
Many would rather believe the stuff from disinformation sites.
hence the anti vaccination support.
To actually have a mind set which indicates they don't trust the establishment is a worrying situation.
The depth of feeling in some of the posts here indicate that there is little empathy for the older age groups.
So if it's acceptable to wipe out the elderly and think nothing of it, what do these people actually think about their own elderly parents?

Er no. Get the elderly to shield themselves, its not rocket science. I do the shopping for my parents and they just get in with their lives sensibly. They don't want to see my children denied education and jobs, they want to see them carry on with what they need to do in their lives. Its incredibly selfish from elderly wanting the whole country locked up in the name of solidarity.

Have special opening times in the shops for them. They don't have to keep the economy going but the young people do and they have to get out there and earn money to fund the elderly. I can't understand why people are so blase about all this - younger people know the pain to come for them. We have all the data on the under 60's for Covid and the time spent in hospital and yet the elderly on here want to keep locking down so we can have a glut of late cancer referrals for mothers and children later on. Do they despise their offspring that much?

A huge amount of people dying of covid are over the average age of death for this country. A huge amount are in care homes. Care homes are a place people send old people because generally they can't look after themselves and they don't want to look after them. You can dress it up how you want.

Last edited:
How do you know you don't have covid? Take a test every day. You may be asymptomatic and one day that test may be positive - ergo - you have covid
Because I do know I haven't and feel no overwhelming need to explain how and why to you.

Would you be able to give the reference to the data that supports the 0.4% Covid morbidity for this occupational group. I have been searching for this data granularity without much success.
@NormanB I got it at either the ONS or from the the site schoolweek.co.uk. I was searching for the infection rate of teachers in scotland but this national figure came up in the list

edit
finally found the url The data is from may last year but I don't think the rate will have much variation since then, unless a lot of older/medical retired teachers came back into the profession to help

hth

Last edited:
Get the elderly to shield themselves

Hundreds of NHS staff and many essential workers have now died from Covid.

Your over simplistic argument isn't a realistic solution, no matter how many times you keep repeating it.

Just had the jab. Seems pretty organised here in Derbyshire. Had to drive through deep snow to get there!

. Its incredibly selfish from elderly wanting the whole country locked up in the name of solidarity

That is incorrect.

Without strict non pharmaceucical interventions to lower the infection rate, people getting ill from Covid will increase.

More hospital admissions means less capacity for other treatments.

Addenbrooks have now taken over a children's ward for Covid........so that is a clear example of how Covid virus is affecting younger people......Yet you want less lockdown, more infection, more people in hospital from Covid, more damage to other sectors of society than the elderly.

We have all the data on the under 60's for Covid

Yes we do

53,000. 18 to 64 year olds ended up in hospital with Covid between Sept and Jan

In the last few weeks, for example, adults aged 18-64 have accounted for 40% of daily Covid admissions to hospitals

your over simplistic argument of old versus young does not work (it never did anyway)

Hundreds of NHS staff and many essential workers have now died from Covid.

Your over simplistic argument isn't a realistic solution, no matter how many times you keep repeating it.

They died early on when we had a pandemic. That was then, this is now. We cannot bring those people back

Yes we do

53,000. 18 to 64 year olds ended up in hospital with Covid between Sept and Jan

In the last few weeks, for example, adults aged 18-64 have accounted for 40% of daily Covid admissions to hospitals

your over simplistic argument of old versus young does not work (it never did anyway)

You do realise people can go in and out of hospital very quickly?

The data doesn't support younger people dying of covid or in ICU more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back